AZ-EQ6 Polar Alignement

Hamey

Hi,

Does AZ-EQ6 needs polar alignment?

I live near equator, 1 degree from equator. both Northern celestial pole and Southern celestial poles are nearly at the horizon. 

Can I use 2 or 3 star alignment? will it help me? 

does 2 star or 3 star alignment is different from polar alignment? can someone explain. 

Thanks

On 25/08/2017 at 17:30, Hamey said:

Does AZ-EQ6 needs polar alignment?

Yes, to track stars in equatorial mode it does need to be aligned. You may be able to tilt the mount closer to 1 degree using the tripod legs but make sure the mount is secured and cannot tip over. Be careful if you do this!

On 25/08/2017 at 17:30, Hamey said:

Can I use 2 or 3 star alignment? will it help me?

The 1/2/3-star alignment is different to polar alignment. This is how you tell the mount precisely where things are in the sky. The computer in the mount can then match its internal map of the sky to the real sky and allow you to find any object you want.

After you have done the star alignment you can use the mount's polar alignment program to accurately polar align. However you will still have to tilt the mount more than it is designed to do this properly.

Dan.

Archived