Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 6960/6979 witches broomstick and pickerings triangle in Ha & OIII

GordonH

Hi All

Well the weather forecast was wrong yet again saying it was going to be cloudy until 4am last night but thankfully I used my reliable method of weather forecasting and was able to get a couple of hours imaging done before the clouds rolled back in again. Having already done NGC 6992 I thought I would have a go at the other main area of the Veil complex again in Ha and OIII. I managed 6x10 minutes unguided for each filter so please excuse the quality of the image as I was hoping for at least twice as many subframes. I have enclosed the image which uses 100% Ha and 100% OIII for the red and green channels respectively and 50% each of Ha and OIII forthe blue channel. I also had a play around with Noel's tools and created a synthetic blue channel from the red and green and this can be seen in the image gallery on my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

:sunny:

post-13589-133877346297_thumb.jpg

A cracking image Gordon...

Dont you just love the weather forecasting...

It was clear at about 2 am... so I decided to setup... just as I finished it clouded over and cleared again about 3am.. before mist started rising at about 6am just in time to go to work...

At least I got to firstlight the Modded 350D and try out the the new Filter Masks :D

Billy...

Archived