Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
lukebl

Full eclipse animation

Hi all. More eclipse images! 

This is an animation of the entire eclipse, captured with a Canon 700d and 70-300mm zoom at 300mm f/8, ISO 200 from Casper Wyoming at an altitude of 1,570 m.

The partial phases were captured every 5 minutes at 1/2000 sec with a Baader filter. Totality was captured with a range of exposures from 1/4 second for the corona, and 1/1000 second for Bailey's Beads and the Diamond Ring. 

I saw the 1999 total eclipse in Northern France in superb conditions, but I don't remember it having the same emotional effect. Possibly because I had a screaming 6-month old baby in the car at the time. He accompanied me for this eclipse too, as a sullen 18 year-old!

36387471730_5a35e42f96_o.gif

• Like 9

That's a lovely animation, glad you had a wonderful experience.

On 24/08/2017 at 23:38, lukebl said:

Hi all. More eclipse images! 

This is an animation of the entire eclipse, captured with a Canon 700d and 70-300mm zoom at 300mm f/8, ISO 200 from Casper Wyoming at an altitude of 1,570 m.

The partial phases were captured every 5 minutes at 1/2000 sec with a Baader filter. Totality was captured with a range of exposures from 1/4 second for the corona, and 1/1000 second for Bailey's Beads and the Diamond Ring. 

I saw the 1999 total eclipse in Northern France in superb conditions, but I don't remember it having the same emotional effect. Possibly because I had a screaming 6-month old baby in the car at the time. He accompanied me for this eclipse too, as a sullen 18 year-old!

36387471730_5a35e42f96_o.gif

Fabulous mosaic!  I was trying to entertain a 1 year old son and 3 and 4 year old daughters during the eclipse, whilst trying to get some gear to work!  It's a miracle I only forgot to remove the filter from one of the cameras!

Sign in to follow this