Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Full eclipse from Wyoming - mix of stills and aerial footage

wellsi

We travelled to Wyoming to be rewarded with clear blue skies and 2' 29" of unimaginably beautiful totality.    We took our Mavic Pro and Go Pro along too to capture things from all angles and put together a pretty nice little video that hopefully captures the spirit of the day.  Hope you enjoy everyone.  Ian  

Fantastic!! Loved the aerial view of the shadow approaching. I got a ground-based video similar, but less dramatic. You could watch the distant sky darken and the clouds change color. Not sure what the wildlife was like where you were, but the cicadas  really cranked up the orchestra at the end of totality in my location.

How was your drive back? Were the roads just as empty? Be VERY happy you weren't along the eastern end. I drove 2-1/2 hours from my home to where I viewed and imaged the total eclipse, and it took me 6-1/2 hours to drive home that evening. All in all, an experience of a lifetime.

2 hours ago, Luna-tic said:

Fantastic!! Loved the aerial view of the shadow approaching. I got a ground-based video similar, but less dramatic. You could watch the distant sky darken and the clouds change color. Not sure what the wildlife was like where you were, but the cicadas  really cranked up the orchestra at the end of totality in my location.

How was your drive back? Were the roads just as empty? Be VERY happy you weren't along the eastern end. I drove 2-1/2 hours from my home to where I viewed and imaged the total eclipse, and it took me 6-1/2 hours to drive home that evening. All in all, an experience of a lifetime.

The crickets got a lot louder as it got dark and the wind totally dropped during totality, which was amazing.

Despite my smugness at the lack of traffic beforehand (coming south from the sparsely populated north of Wyoming),  we got completely snarled up heading south afterwards and had around 5 hours of driving to do 100 miles....  But it didn't matter; we had so much fun that day....

Cheers,

Ian

I have emailed the link to this video to so many people. Its the next best thing i have seen to actually being there. You really did capture the atmosphere,emotion and all round experience.

Im SERIOUSLY thinking of heading overseas for the next one. I believe there is one visible from Spain in a few yrs. Not sure if this is the same one that will be visible from USA in 2024?.

A total solar eclipse is top of my bucket list,closely followed by seeing the Northern Lights.

4 hours ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

I have emailed the link to this video to so many people. Its the next best thing i have seen to actually being there. You really did capture the atmosphere,emotion and all round experience.

Im SERIOUSLY thinking of heading overseas for the next one. I believe there is one visible from Spain in a few yrs. Not sure if this is the same one that will be visible from USA in 2024?.

A total solar eclipse is top of my bucket list,closely followed by seeing the Northern Lights.

Thanks Luke! 

I am pretty proud of the footage we got!  Easy to go wrong when flying the drone and you don't get a second chance!  So I'm pleased you're forwarding to your friends and family.

The Texas 2024 one will go up from Mexico to Canada; the Spanish total eclipse is in 2026!  Truly, it's the most amazing sight; and you have to be in totality; even 98% totality is no good because it only goes dark when it's total!  :)

Cheers,

Ian

YouTube / Ian in London

Archived