SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Printing off maps from Stellarium

Alfian

This is probably "teaching granny to suck eggs" but I've just printed a chart off Stellarium. Goodness knows why I've never thought of doing it before, (star atlas?) but anyway its embarrassingly easy. There is one slight catch here for probably many people, I use Linux (mint18) on my machine but I'm sure MS and Mac will have equivalent software to do the same thing. In stellarium I chose the piece of sky I was interested in, zoomed it to the size I wanted then did a Screenshot from the toolbar. Rather than do a whole screen shot I could select the specific area. Save to file. Enter file using Gimp image manipulation software. Reverse image, now black on white. Adjust a little using curves and bingo , custom star map printed off. About 3 minutes beginning to end. This may help someone.

• 1 month later...

This could be very useful for me, thank you. I have tried to take a screenshot and save it as a Jpeg. This works, but when I ask Stellarium to reverse the colours it doesn't do it.

Any suggestions why?

Thanks

Jack

Archived