Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

codeman

Tarantula Nebula - NGC2070 in HaRGB

Took this Tarantula Nebula photo during my trip to Namibia.

Photo Details:
Ha - 60Min
RGB - 15Min Each channel
Total Exposure: 1:45 Hours.

Telescope: ASA 12'' F3.6 Astrograph
Mount: ASA DDM85
Camera: FLI 8300 Mono

NGC2070 HaRGB

Hope you enjoy it :)
Haim Huli

NGC2070_HaRGB_Full_1920pxt.jpg

• Like 8

I ditto the previous comments with envy since I would love to be able to image this.

As an "aside", this nebula with all it's extra gloubules of nebulae scattered around always reminds me of the "Monster plant" in Little Shop of Horrors, when it puts out all its branches with baby monster plants on the ends.  

Carole 

Edited by carastro

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.