Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astro Baby website back up

Hi all just a quicky to let you all know that my website is back up which contains the famous/infamous collimation guide and other useful resources.

Took eye off the ball for a while and our host has messed us about so now with new providers.

Polar Aligning the SkyWatcher HEQ5/Orion Sirius Mount 
A comprehensive tutorial on setting up the polar scope / finder for the popular HEQ5 mount. Invaluable as a guide to this topic which can be very confusing. The set-up process can also be used with the EQ6 mount and Orion equivalents.
Using an EQ Mount - Simple Polar Alignment for Beginners
You just bought your new telescope with an equatorial mount. Polar alignment seems awkward. This quick and easy guide will get you Polar aligned and enjoying the benefits of an equatorial mount quickly.
Collimation Guide for Newtonian Reflector Telescopes
A simple to follow guide on collimation for Newtonian telescopes. Illustrated with dozens of pictures. A simlpe step by step guide.
Rebuilding the SkyWatcher HEQ5/Orion Sirius Mount
A comprehensive guide to stripping down, cleaning and rebuilding the popular Synta/SkyWatcher HEQ5 equatorial mount. 
Rebuilding the SkyWatcher EQ6/Orion Atlas Mount
A comprehensive guide to stripping down, cleaning and rebuilding the popular Synta/SkyWatcher EQ6 equatorial mount. 
Tuning up the Skywatcher/Orion Basic 1.25" Focuser
A simple step by step guide to improving the focuser on the popular Skywatcher 130 and SkyHawk telescopes. 
Cleaning and Center Spotting Telescope Mirrors
A simple step by step guide to cleaning and center spotting Newtonian reflecting telescope errors.

Many Thanks and Clear Skies

Mel

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for getting it back up and running Mel.

Its an excellent resource and I've missed it since its been gone as the Wayback Machine hasn't done a particularly good job of archiving it.

Regards,

Ade 

Wonderful news......

A big thank you to you for all your hard work on the tech guides, they have been an invaluable resource for myself and I guess many others. Its very reassuring to have them back and available again.:hello2:

Steve

Thanks everyone - some of you may know I had some pretty serious health issues and the organic issues led to severe depression.  Its pretty depressing after all when you suddenly realise you can't hardly get up a flight of stairs or get out of a chair :( Anyway I am back on my feet again now but astro has taken a back seat as I try and get myself back into shape - I have been doing a lot of bushcraft, hiking, walking etc out in the wilds of the UK (well as wild as Surrey, Sussex and Hampshire can get) plus some serious walking in Crete and Kefalonia.

I do feel the interest in astro coming back but I am something of a butterfly (some would say meddler, dilettante or simply intellectual waster :) ) so other things take my fancy and I can't ever spend too long on any one single hobby plus the UK weather seems to have been atrocious for ages - anyway with that said I am going to do a makeover on my site and start adding some new articles that were planned before my health collapsed.

Anyway - thanks everyone and I will try and post up a bit more often.

Mel

Archived