SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A pointer for new astro imagers....

Tim

This will always happen! No matter where in the sky you point, somebody will always want to fly right through your picture!

If the target is particularly difficult, or you have very limited time on it, they do it all the more.

This one in particular is tricky for me, so of course I get the plane, and a satellite too for good measure.

:)

NIGHT_2_M16_300_secs_gain20pc__229_232151_001_RGB_VNG.jpg

Yes, I know! But it need not be such a problem. Sigma clip routines in a long stack will reject outliers - but give the Sigma clip routine a helping hand. I stack and calibrate in AstroArt 6 which has an excellent 'remove line' feature. Click on each end of an unwanted line and apply on the single sub. It may not entirely remove the trail but it will diminish it sufficiently for Sigma clip to kill it in the stack.

One of my friends is an airline captain flying out of an airport north of my place. He never confesses!!!

Olly

On 8/22/2017 at 01:01, Bramisheu said:

Them pilots have no respect... If you see someone shooting a picture, we, respectful people would walk around... not pilots tho, they refuse to fly around...

lazy people I tell ya....

??Bram

I do not think they have no respect they are probably on auto pilot and all fast asleep or getting up to whatever pilots do in their cabins when not flying...

15 minutes ago, spillage said:

or getting up to whatever pilots do in their cabins when not flying...

Speaking from experience it's not half as exciting as you might think!!!! :icon_biggrin: With regards to planes I would buy the biggest laser you can find on eBay and point it towards the plane before it crosses your imaging path. This usually solves the problem.....

1 minute ago, AngryDonkey said:

Speaking from experience it's not half as exciting as you might think!!!! :icon_biggrin: With regards to planes I would buy the biggest laser you can find on eBay and point it towards the plane before it crosses your imaging path. This usually solves the problem.....

Now Now come on we have all seen the simpson's episode with the Navirton Autodrive System for trucks. We all know how this is a need to know thing going on.

I think using a laser and living near the test flight path for Westland helicopter might cause the local plod to pay me a visit. On some nights I have been out trying to point out certain features with a laser but gave up due to the amount of low flying military helicopters.

Around here we all have low profile chimney pots.:icon_eek:

Archived