Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fireworks Galaxy (NGC6946)

alan4908

10 minutes ago, Sp@ce_d said:

Nice image... I seem to recal reading somewhere that the Fireworks is fairly prolific for SN's.

Also, another ACP user I see. I couldn't do without it now to grab those gaps during my sleeping hours. Even though we've still only a short period of darkness up here, checking my logs I see the obsy fired up 3 times last night to grab a few subs ?

Thanks :happy11: - yes, I really like ACP - although I'm fortunate to image from an (almost) dark site, I'm surrounded by trees which significantly restrict my imaging horizon. So, to maximise my imaging time, I always image several targets simultaneously - when one target disappears behind a tree a new one starts up. If I was doing this manually it would drive me mad :happy8: 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gorann said:

Alan,

got so excited by the supernova that I forgot to tell you that your image is fantastic, with detail comparable with that of the Liverpool Telescope - a 2 m RC scope on the top of a mountain. And you accomplished this with a 150 mm refractor! The cost difference must be many magnitudes.

Thanks for the complement Goran. I can confirm that I'm not at the top of a mountain but I am at the top of a hill....and it does get a bit windy up here !

Alan

Great to see something unexpected, like a supernova. I just happened to image this galaxy the other day with my guide cam, and caught the sn (right side of the galaxy, image is upside down, compared to other's). That's a good excuse to reshoot this target with my new camera.

ngc6946.thumb.jpg.af7ef16f980fe1c1e5fcb16ace9411f0.jpg.d909877b2bf17b802b52534cf7b3185a.jpg

2 hours ago, wimvb said:

Great to see something unexpected, like a supernova. I just happened to image this galaxy the other day with my guide cam, and caught the sn (right side of the galaxy, image is upside down, compared to other's). That's a good excuse to reshoot this target with my new camera.

Yes, it is quite exciting to find something unexpected in your images.

Alan

Archived