Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Hello all,

I think I'm done with this target this season at least.

I acquired 2x6h of Ha data with a Canon 300 F4 L lens (~300mm FL F/4), maybe 2x4-5h of O3 data with the a Tair 3s (300mm FL F/4.5), another 2-3h of Ha with a Pentacon 200 (200mm FL F/4), 3h of O3 with the Pentacon, 4h of S2 with the Pentacon and 3x25m (3 panels) for each RGB with the Tair. All narrowband subs were 300s long and the RGB were 60s long if I remember well. All at unity gain, cooled between -10C and -15C.

Shot from the balcony under white light pollution.

I made a narrowband combination with the Ha and just a bit from the others used as lum and 40S-60Ha as red, O3 as green and 30Ha-70O3 as blue. Combined in StarTools and GIMP.

Software used: APT, PHD, DSS, StarTools, GIMP, Registar.

The RGB and narrowband images don't cover the same area perfectly so some stars in the left side are a little more bloated as I couldn't control them.

Links for better resolution:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByhJ_xuQxcnjejEwN3pCeWR6Znc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByhJ_xuQxcnjaFlFSDMzSkYzd28

Should I make the them brighter? Any opinions are welcomed.

Thanks for watching, clear skies!

Alex

IC1805-IC1848-F300-2017-08-16-HSO-p01.jpg

IC1805-IC1848-F300-2017-08-16-RGB-HSO-p01.jpg

• Like 14

I really like this..... the colours are subtle and soft and the processing looks good .... such a great pair of targets when imaged together like this :) 

Thank you, Sara, Richard!

If anything, I pulled the curve a little above, maybe the faint signal stands out a little better and I don't feel like I need more noise reduction. I don't usually like heavy noise reduction. I don't want either to process it tens of times and spam the topic with reprocesses. I shall stop here if no other advice given.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByhJ_xuQxcnjU1pJYXUwTXJLc1U

IC1805-IC1848-F300-2017-08-16-RGB-HSO-p02.jpg

Very delicate and understated processing that brings out the best in the image and target. To my knowledge this is the first image I've seen from you Alex, and I'm a big fan already!

Many thanks, John!

You can also check my gallery where I have other images too. My processing got better in time, I should reprocess some of my old data. However, I think this one is my second favorite.

That is one beautiful image.  Superbly executed and processed.  Well done Alex!

Excellent images - I particular like the shade of red and your processing style, which seems to give it an impressive 3D effect.

Alan

Thanks, Alan!

I just filled the acquisition details on the astrobin image. Even this took me more than 10 minutes and I did not entered all the nights for the RGB channel, I put them only in one night. Even this, 18 nights :shocked:

http://www.astrobin.com/307557/

Edited by moise212