Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HELP NEEDED.........

paul mc c

Feel like binning my gear......and i have only got it.I have just acquired a QHY 5 in the hope of doing a bit of guiding ap,i have downloaded phd and the drivers for the guide cam.

When i try to connect the camera i get the message "camera not found",also it isnt on the list of cameras on phd.

I have windows 8,and after searching everything i found that the QHY 5 isnt supported by win 8.

I have an old laptop with Vesta which i tried out of curiosity and it recognised the cam,but phd crashes.

What are my options,do i get another computer,or guide camera or just forget about the stress of AP.....any help would be greatly appreciated...please bear in mind my 3 year old grandson probably has more knowledge of computers and teck stuff than me..:iamwithstupid:.

Paul

My first thought was to recommend phd on linux, which, as far as I know, has support for qhy 5. But since you probably haven't got the knowledge, this isn't a realistic option. Can you get a (cheap) computer that runs win 7? Since you'll only use it to control your gear, it doesn't have to be state of the art. You can have this computer control the guiding, the mount, and the camera.

39 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

I'd be astonished if it didn't. W8 and Vista were both bad news for our purposes but W7 has always been pretty solid.

I have a laptop that runs Vista,can i upgrade this to win7 if i buy a disk.

Archived