SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

FC100DC with Binoviewers, no barlow

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After removing the green spacer/extension to my Tak DC focuser, and playing around with every eyepiece in my posession along with my binoviewer, I can say it works! That is, by removing the green extension, I can attain focus with my binoviewer without the use of a Barlow, by using a 2" Tak back and a low profile 2" to 1.25" reducer and my 1.25" Tak prism.

My worry was that even if it worked and I could reach focus with a non-barlowed BV, would the focuser or diagonal cut into the light cone? The answer is NO!

To put my mind at rest I drew out the light cone full scale and even at the absolute possible limit there is no intrusion into the light path. ? Attached is the worst case scenario where the focuser is at its maximum inward travel. All eyepieces come to focus well outside this position!

For mono viewing simply attach both Tak extension tubes to attain full focus.

599d7e8566943_2017-08-2313_55_32.thumb.jpg.6228d223a28b3e78bbe740e9ac49ed7c.jpg

37 minutes ago, Stu said:

Excellent news Mike! when I started the thread I had no idea where it would go, but this is a really good result! Saved you the cost of a FT too :)

That's true, but I now have to buy a second 35mm Eudiascopic. :happy11:

Archived