Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

DavidR100

In Search of the Southerly Messiers

On 13/02/2020 at 23:44, DavidR100 said:

Was your success last year or 2018? 

2018 I believe, it's been raining here most of 2019 :D

• Like 1

On 16/02/2020 at 01:50, timwetherell said:

2018 I believe, it's been raining here most of 2019 :D

Just as I thought.  So it's not just me for whom 2019 was a damp squib!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarsG76
      Hello all,
      Sharing with you my quickie exposure... The Trifid nebula, aka M20 or NGC 6514, a popular and bright nebula about 4300 light years away in the constellation Sagittarius.
      I had no plans for another object after imaging the "War and Peace" nebula and I didn't want to waste a clear night, so I pointed the scope at M20 and started exposing.
      This image was taken through my Celestron 8" SCT on the CGEM at f6.3 using a cooled and astro-modded DSLR.

Exposures:
      RGB subs: 6x60s, 5x120s, 5x180s, 5x240s, 4x300s
      HII subs: 10x600s
      OIII subs: 9x600s
      Total Time: 04hr 21min.

Most of this image is natural color because I only used 10% of the HII and OIII stack to emphesize the detail in the red and blue hues.

Clear Skies,
      MG

• By JackCooke
      After many weeks of telescopes gathering dust I finally managed a long night sketching under the stars. 
      Having only ever sketched open clusters I wanted to attempt a GC. Hercules was well positioned so I chose to draw m92, often overshadowed by the more famous m13. 
      My red torch was a little too bright and there was some intermittent cloud but the sketch comes pretty close to what I saw. All comments / criticisms / comparisons most welcome!
      Jack
      p.s. As I was packing up around midnight I saw what I can only assume were parts of a meteorite breaking up in the sky. A long trail of five to ten separate glowing dots moved eastward through cygnus toward the horison. It was like watching several satellites following each other in an absolutely straight line. Anyone else see this or remember something similar? 

• By Anthony RS
      Hello!
      Any idea where I can find an M54 female to M60 male ring adapter? I need to order it online since there arent any astroshops where I live so I'd really appreciate if someone can link me to such an adapter.
      Basically I have a TS Optics 2" Adapter with compression Ring for Skywatcher Newtonians, TSM54-2 and I need to use it for my celestron newtonian which has a 60mm drawtube so I'll need some sort of adapter.
      Clear skies!
    • By MarsG76
      Hello all again,
      This is the other image I exposed tonight since planetary observation was not much joy due the terrible seeing, and I didn't want to waste a clear night by the obsy being shut.
      Scorpius at 40mm focal length... not the best result, but not the worst I've done either.
      clear skies.
      MG

• By MarsG76
      This was imaged using a astro modded Canon 40D through a 50mm prime lens for the wide coverage, piggy backed on my SCT, so tracked and guided using my 80mm frac as a guide scope.
      Total Exposure was 2 hours, consisting of 30 x 120s, 15 x 60s and 30 x 30s subs at ISO800
      With in we can see part of the stars making up the Scorpius constellation, Milky way, Rho Ophiuchus, Antares, M80 and M4 among the gas, dust and nebulosity.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.