Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

9 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Probably the most cost-effective way to get into imaging, even if you have to buy the coma corrector as well it has so much bang for your bucks.

Thanks! 

Ah, can I ask about the coma corrector, I've seen some comments about it and am just wondering what exactly it's needed for? ? Thanks 

5 hours ago, Brosnan said:

can I ask about the coma correcto

Without it the stars in the corners of your images will blur into little fan shapes. You can crop this out if you a haven't got a CC, but if you have one it will correct the problem.

I have the Skywatcher CC and if a VERY bright star is in frame it can cause reflections, the Baader CC is supposed not to do this but may be fiddlier to set up as the Skywatcher one just takes a t-mount camera adapter, pushes into the 2" eyepiece holder and is set right.

19 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Without it the stars in the corners of your images will blur into little fan shapes. You can crop this out if you a haven't got a CC, but if you have one it will correct the problem.

I have the Skywatcher CC and if a VERY bright star is in frame it can cause reflections, the Baader CC is supposed not to do this but may be fiddlier to set up as the Skywatcher one just takes a t-mount camera adapter, pushes into the 2" eyepiece holder and is set right.

Thanks for your help! 

I will be purchasing tonight. ?

Archived