SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My new Frac (widefield)

Ordered this Sunday, it arrived today, put it on the pier to see how it looked and thought if only i had a white light filter, low and behold the one i made for my old TAL100 fitted, so i got first light be it with a rather poor mucky filter, good views though

So here we have the Opticstar AR90S with single speed 2"crayford and sliding dew shield, some nice touches like a metal screw on lens cap, single tube ring that is stronger than it looks and a nice finder foot, this will make a really nice widefield, it is definitely an updated version of the old black finished Starsky 90 F5.5, it fits well on the AZ Synscan, i would say i have all bases covered now with the Mak for high power and the frac for white light and widefield, could not help include a pic of some home grown stargazers  in the flower border beside my pier!

Opticstar AR90S (1).JPG

Opticstar AR90S (2).JPG

Opticstar AR90S (3).JPG

Stargazer.JPG

5 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Well done Jules. Looks nice and smart on the goto mount. Skies looking to be clear tonight here, so hope they are near you too mate so you can test it out on the night sky! :) 

Gus, have to be up pretty darn early monday to friday, so hoping for clear skies at weekend

3 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

Gus, have to be up pretty darn early monday to friday, so hoping for clear skies at weekend

OK Jules. Hope you get some clear skies for the weekend mate. I am not away from home for work this week at all, so I can stay up to around 12:30 to 1am hopefully to have a decent session for at least a month really. 

That looks spot on for the mount, Jules. I think you'll be ok with zenith too, just about. I'm glad you got sorted and a lot more decisively than myself. I look forward to your first light when you get the chance, enjoy :)   

Archived