Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Lesser Spotted Question Mark Nebula

Allinthehead

Evening all. 

Having spent the best part of a month trying to get my spacing sorted i think i finally have it licked. I tried spacers i had at home, i had one made up, nothing worked. I then tried one that came with a canon adaptor and low and behold sorted.:icon_biggrin: I also bought a rain sensor Here and rigged it up to a buzzer in my spare room where i sleep while the gear fires away at night.

The Main focus of this image is Ngc 7822 a young star forming region in Cepheus. On top right of the nebula is open cluster Ngc 7762 consisting of mostly young hot blue stars. Sh2-170 is the dot in the question mark. A bright star at the centre illuminating the nebula. There's also a magnitude 18.3 planetary nebula in there and a couple of other surprises for anyone hunting around the full image.

This was shot over two nights giving me 183 subs at 150 seconds each using an astrondon 5nm ha filter. Gain 300

Asi 1600mm with my Samyang 135mm on an Az Eq6

Stacked in Dss, processed in PS. 

Hope you like

Richard.

599334974db01_183ngc78222.thumb.png.65831d29960bf4fc19b4576c91bd21de.png

11 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Nice one... to me looks like a neanderthal skull facing toward the left.

Thanks. It has that look to it.

9 hours ago, RichLD said:

Great shot Richard! :thumbsup: I have been known to call this target the Scary Space Skull and Cosmic Question Mark...:icon_biggrin:

Thanks Rich. Cosmic question mark, i like it.

Archived