sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

Encoders for Stellarvue M2 mount almost ready

Hi all,

for those that are interested, Serge from AstroDevices.com has sent me some pics of the encoders he has just finished working on for the Stellarvue M2 mount.  Looks like a very professional job to me and I am looking forward to installing them ASAP.

I intend using them with the NEXUX DSC from Astro Devices but you could use the NEXUS II as well.  I anticipate the encoders will cost around £290 ish here in the UK after taxes etc.  Astrograph.net is the UK distrubuter.  

The last image is of my own M2 opened up.  Installation should take 15mins I am assured.

Clem

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1090.PNG

Edited by NGC007
Tags
  • Like 2
On 16/08/2017 at 08:11, JG777 said:

Looks good. I have Nexus DSC, but where in UK can you get an M2? 

As you probably live near me your'e welcome to pop over to Wokingham for a butchers at the kit.  I should have it set up in one or two weeks.

Clem

2 hours ago, NGC007 said:

As you probably live near me your'e welcome to pop over to Wokingham for a butchers at the kit.  I should have it set up in one or two weeks.

Clem

Brilliant ,thank you Clem , yes your about 15 minutes away and I would like to see that set up. Let me know when you have it all set up and we can arrange something. 

• 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Coastliner
      Hello all,
      I have just discovered the  benefit of turning off the auxiliary encoders on my AZ-EQ5GT.  Goto after a PA puts the target in the fov first time with no star align or platesolving. My question is does the mount also have primary or main encoders? or does it rely on accurate home positioning and accurate stepper motors for goto? 
    • By procky1845
      Hi,
      A few sketches from last night 2x Mars and also one of M2.
      1st Mars one was in poor seeing, 2nd was better.
      M2 view was affected by heavy moonlight.
      Also observed (but didn't sketch) some Hercules doubles, Uranus, Neptune and also M45 by naked eye.
      Best night for a while!
      Lee

• By stardude07
      Hello,
      I am wanting (not really 😪) to sell my Stellarvue SV105-3SV with tube rings [not shown in pictures]. The telescope is in great condition with very little dust and no scratches. There is one very small ding in the dew shield paint but it is not dented and it is almost not even noticeable. It happened when I took the telescope out of the saddle and it lightly hit the saddle. The telescope has never been dropped or had any issues and is optically perfect with a strehl of .95 or higher (claimed by Stellarvue).
      I've only used this telescope for imaging however I've once or twice thrown an eyepiece in it during a star party or two and it's VERY crisp with no false color.
      Currently I live in Italy so that's where it can be picked up or shipped from. Price is negotiable however Stellarvue says it is worth around $1200-$1500 USD. The nice thing is you wouldn't have any VAT from Stellarvue . Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or are interested.
      Lastly, here is a link to some images that I've taken with it and what it looks like mounted up: https://www.astrobin.com/users/chriscorkill/
      SV105-3SV Specifications
      Aperture: 105mm Apochromatic Precision Triplet Focuser: 3" Dual Speed Focuser with 2" and 1.25" eye piece adapters F Ratio: f/7 Focal Length: 735mm Color Correction: Excellent Minimum Tube Length: 16" in travel mode Tube Diameter: ~ 4-1/8" (105mm) Dew Shield Diameter: ~ 5-3/8" (137mm) OTA Weight: ~12lbs (5.4kg) Retractable Dewshield: Yes

• By Greg6498
      Just took the Skywatcher 80mm Pro outside to align the finder scope. It was pretty easy to do. The ridge line you see in the distance has a radar site on top of it. It’s many miles away. My question is, how well do these finder scopes hold their setup? How often should I check it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.