SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

computerized mount help for noob

Hey guys  Andrew here 
I have been reading up a bit on the site about alot of interesting things! But I have one question to help with my first purchase into this hobby.
I will be shooting with DSLR Canon 1Dx and range of different lens from 15mm to 400mm.  I also have a sony a7r with a full spectrum sensor conversion.  I believe my first purchase should be a decent mount and I am looking to purchase a computerized mount to use with stellarium.

Does anyone recommend a good mount to start with that would allow me to track things at 400mm dslr lens and also work good for me if i ever make a telescope purchase?

Nice you have almost same cameras i have, but i never count on them for my astro photography, so i let them away far from astro, and it is no way at all that i mod my A7r, i will sell it one day so i want to keep it as original.

The mount i went with is SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6, i got it for about $1600 more or less, so this is one option i gave you.

While the az eq6 is serious overkill for a dslr with lens, it will futureproof you for a long time. I can only second @TareqPhoto's advice. The mount is a real joy to work with. If you want to view stuff, you can use it in easy alt-az mode, and for imaging you use it in eq mode.

Thanks for advice.  Though i might be shooting with dslr right now. I do plan on upgrading in the future. First with a telescope then with ccd. I have a tight budget so might take me years to get there and i rather spend money once then have to rebuy something down the road. 

I own several jeeps and thats one thing i have to live by when i buy anything fot it haha

Archived