Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My only persied

After traveling around 50 miles to a dark site on the 12th and 13th and having trouble with dew every 10 mins or so. I managed to image a grand total of 1 which appeared at the end of an exposure, so was also cut short. I managed to see plenty though.

Nevertheless here's my 1 image. 

persied 1.jpg

Nice one Geordie. I spent two nights and early mornings cloud dodging - saw only eleven meteors in total.  I took over 500 x 15 second exposures and managed to miss all eleven.  So I would have been very pleased with your capture.

regards from George in Lowestoft

That's a nice one, and beats my attempts. 300+ 20 second shots, saw two and captured none

12 hours ago, alan potts said:

Only one but a very nice one. I think it's a great image. I did read somewhere that this years shower was going to make it daylight, clearly this was written by a shower.

Alan

This came up a lot on Facebook. I suspect quite a few people were quietly disappointed

1 hour ago, Mognet said:

That's a nice one, and beats my attempts. 300+ 20 second shots, saw two and captured none

This came up a lot on Facebook. I suspect quite a few people were quietly disappointed

I don't have Facebook but I'm curious to know what people were thinking. 

Honestly how active would a meteor shower have to be to make the night sky look like daytime? 

7 hours ago, Mognet said:

In truth I feel it always gets talked up and I for one have never been delighted with the half dozen or so showers that I have observed. What I saw on face book from a friend was meant to come from Nasa, it was clearly rubbish as much of the stuff on there. I do find it useful to stay in touch with friends and family though and use it often.

18 hours ago, geordie85 said:

I don't have Facebook but I'm curious to know what people were thinking. 

Honestly how active would a meteor shower have to be to make the night sky look like daytime? 

How active, maybe radio-active.

Archived