Polar scope camera and software...

Hi,

just about to recieve a camera that fits direct to my EQ6 polar scope, is there any software out there that I could use with this for accurate polar alignment...such as sharpcap, I know there are programmes that you can use with a camera attached to a telescope, but what about a camera attached to a polar scope....

:)

William

My ideal scenario was to find a much cheaper camera that would  work with the polemaster software..so if anyone know the exact spec of the camera and lens used....let me know.. :)

so will my camera work with Sharpcap as a polar alignment aid using the polar scope...?

6 hours ago, LightBucket said:

Hi,

just about to recieve a camera that fits direct to my EQ6 polar scope, is there any software out there that I could use with this for accurate polar alignment...such as sharpcap, I know there are programmes that you can use with a camera attached to a telescope, but what about a camera attached to a polar scope....

:)

William

Can you link to the camera you are  purchasing 

15 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

20170814_185432.jpg

Hmmmm, if it is then there will be a cheaper way of building one of those.

for something that I would only use once as I have a permanent pier, it is a lot of money, although I have considered buying one as they look superb and very easy to use.. :)

I doubt a third party camera will communicate with the PoleMaster software, I may be wrong but I just don't see it as that easy. Sharpcap communicates with a range of cameras and also has a polar alignment routine so your best best is simply to give it a go once you have the camera. If ultimately you do go done the route of buying a PoleMaster you could also use it as an electronic finder when not in use polar aligning; that way you get a bit more return on your money.

Jim

There is, Sharpcap, the software, which is the most important part, is free, all you need is suitable camera. If you already have an imaging/guiding camera you may well find it works so no need to buy PoleMaster. Having said that, PoleMaster is really convenient and good at what it does.

Jim

8 hours ago, saac said:

There is, Sharpcap, the software, which is the most important part, is free, all you need is suitable camera. If you already have an imaging/guiding camera you may well find it works so no need to buy PoleMaster. Having said that, PoleMaster is really convenient and good at what it does.

Jim

I'd love a pole master  but can't justify the expenditure at the moment , I used Sharpcap last time I was out using a qhy mini guidescope took a while ,really need to be the NCP but it worked bit more practice required , I just thought by now other manufacturers would have brought their own versions out .

2 hours ago, LightBucket said:

Where do,you put the camera, on a guidescope, or finder, ?? as I will be fitting to my polar scope....see above..

I put mine on a little finder, don't have a goto as yet so a quick rough alignment is all I need

When I get the goto, will be putting it on the polar scope

Archived