Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Discovery 150p, weights ?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

Does look like just goto now,

the legs dont look much different between the two pics,  if Jules @nightfisher has the "AZ Goto" not the "Discovery AZ  Goto" -  not 6kg difference surely ?? unless aly to stainless, hmmm I suppose so perhaps maybe ???

In which case I want the "AZ Goto" aly?  legs for portability and the "Discovery AZ goto" mount for its FreedomFind !

I think I have two options :

1) knock it on the head till monday or

2) Start a new topic correctly titled hmm ,,, what though for a complete thingummy ?

" StarDiscovery 150p, weight" should do it ? and hope someone with the whole portable thing comes by !

6 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

we do and i am out trying out my set up

and if I had not distracted myself with thoughts of a new scope I might have been clearing away the plant pots and bags of potting mixture from today, which are where my Evo should be now !! argh

Oh well back to the binos!

So, for anyone coming in at the end :) this is the question I should have asked at the beginning :-

Hi, does anyone have the weights of the tripod, the mount and of the 150p OTA for the SW Star Discovery 150p complete package

I have found a site (sky@night review) that gives the total weight as 18kg, but not the individual weights of the OTA,  nor of the mount and the tripod.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Nigel G said:

My Star discovery 150p. The mount and stainless steel tripod is 6.5 KG. The ota is 3.5 KG.

Total weight 10KG , just weighed on scales.

Brill.,  @Nigel G ,  thank so much, that is exactly what I needed :thumbsup: 10KG is well within capability, just the job :)

I was beginning to think I might need to do a 200+ round trip to a showroom which could have led to further temptation !

and thank you @happy-kat for the flag I think we have a goer here.

Archived