SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Okay tried my new Ha clip in filter but came across a few issues. When taking my flats the histogram is not showing in the canon software if bright is chosen. If I choose rgb then I can see see all three and moving the exposure moves the red histogram.

Is this correct and the right way to take flats with this filter.

Also I took a few lights but they came out very red to the point I could not platesolve with results so had to remove the filter to platesolve. You could only just make out polaris in the image.

Its an astronomik 12nm clip in filter with the modified 500d.

Spill.

Hi @spillage

A couple of questions:

Are you applying your calibration frames before debayering? Ideally you need to be applying your master bias, master dark and master flat (all un-debayered/mono) to your un-dabayered/mono lights.

How long are your exposures and how high is your ISO when plate solving with the HA clip filter? I use 20sec bin 2x2 exposures when plate solving with my mono CCD and 7nm HA filter.

Rich

@RichLD sorry for the late reply I have been laid up in bed since early Tuesday evening.

I am using the Ha clip-in (new) with my canon dslr which has my coma corrector (new) and then my baader ir filter.

I did not try to processes any of the lights as I was just observing the 20 second exposures from within apt when trying to auto plate solve. When I feel well enough and get a clear night or two I think I will take some normal lights with just the coma corrector and then try some with the ha filter once I am happy with the results from using using the coma.

But should I be plate solving and then adding my clip in filter and do I also need the ir filter whilst using the ha filter.

Archived