Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The LHC (its friends and enemies) A poll to see what us lot think.....

Do you believe......  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe......

• The LHC will be of a great benefit
    • The LHC will provide some answers
    • The LHC will do nothing
    • The LHC will be a waste of money
    • The LHC will destroy the earth, as stated by most newspapers, some scientists and everybody's favourite..loose women!
    • I am in no-way qualified to answer this poll

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, PhillyDee said "what makes bigger headlines and bigger sales"....I put lies.

Shocking and often dubious headlines sell papers. Take Mondays Daily Express, the headline was "NOW HURRICANE HAVOC WILL HIT BRITAIN". The paper goes on to say that remnants of Hurricane Hanna will strike the U.K. on Tuesday and Thursday causing massive flooding and that worse was to come...now I am here in the U.K. and not seeing any rain or any major winds.

I agree that we have flooding, but that was from last weeks excessive weather, not caused by Hurricane Hanna.

What are the practical uses for the discoveries made by the LHC project? If they discover these particles, where can that be applied in science to benefit human kind? Or is it just a boys with toys thing?

One use might be getting an understanding of how we could do practical fusion, then we can have free power for everything we need. Cheap irrigation for Africa gets them fed, cheap energy cuts down carbon useage etc.

Once they know how the tiny little things work, the scientists have a better chance of being able to make them do what they want them to do.

Kaptain klevtsov

Archived