Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cygnus in Ha (3x3 mosaic)

Uranium235

Finally, after about a month of rain, last night I managed to put in just enough time to complete this before switching back to Lum only for a bit. In the end it worked out I had to reshoot two panels from scratch because of cloud or moon damage.

I've also added some data from other longer focal length instruments to crisp up certain regions of interest:

Sadr region: Star71

Veil region: 80ED

Pelican/NAN: 130pds

I may very well revisit the data since it was my first go at integrating that many different images - theres probably an easier way to do it but I'll figure out a better Ps workflow eventually.

6x600 (Ha) x9 panels

Samyang 135mm @f2, NEQ6, Atik 383L+

Thanks for looking! :)

35671928114_1dbf587888_k.jpg

Fullsize: Here

Wow--the veil is tiny in this image!  And that usually requires a mosaic.  I see for the first time that the dark structures in the Sadr region are actually connected to the NA/pelican region. It comes as no surprise I suppose, but I never made that connection.

Rodd

8 minutes ago, Rodd said:

I see for the first time that the dark structures in the Sadr region are actually connected to the NA/pelican region. It comes as no surprise I suppose, but I never made that connection.

Im glad you mentioned that because its something I was questioning myself. On closer inspection, it looks as if threre is a break about halfway along.... darn it! :)

9 minutes ago, Uranium235 said:

Im glad you mentioned that because its something I was questioning myself. On closer inspection, it looks as if threre is a break about halfway along.... darn it! :)

No....that's just because it passes through a dark area I think.  The structure before and after line up pretty well.  I'd bet its connected.  I suppose you have your work cut out for you now  MORE DATA!

Rodd

10 hours ago, Rodd said:

I suppose you have your work cut out for you now  MORE DATA!

Thats a phrase I was hoping to avoid! :)

I should be at the dark site tonight, but had the check engine light come on in the car so I had to turn back... never mind ey!

1 hour ago, Uranium235 said:

Thats a phrase I was hoping to avoid! :)

I should be at the dark site tonight, but had the check engine light come on in the car so I had to turn back... never mind ey!

Bummer!  That must have been frustrating  on a clear night.  Oh my!

Rodd

Archived