Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece.thumb.jpg.cb85f690376dcb3053c747827de6bf9e.jpg

John

South West Astro Fair, Sidmouth 12th August

Anyone going to the S W Astro Fair at the Norman Lockyer Observatory, Sidmouth, Devon tomorrorw ?:

http://www.southwestastrofair.com/

I'll be going along from around mid-morning - look forward to meeting a few SGL'ers possibly ? :icon_biggrin:

Edited by John

I will wave as we drive past on the way down to Cornwall John.
Have a good time, looks a good line up.

• Like 1

Hope the motorway is moving OK Alan :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

Would have been nice to meet up again John. However, Pam and I are going to an 80th birthday party (not mine) tomorrow so will give the astro show a miss this year.

• Like 1

Duty calls Mark - hope it goes well !

Maybe we can get together again at Stoneleigh in the Autumn ?

Edited by John

Edited by Paul M
wrong thread!

Just a reminder this is tomorrow. 

I've contacted them to check about tickets. Apparently they still have plenty for the fair and the talks. 

Shame I have an 4:00 (BST) start tomorrow @ LHR, otherwise I would have gone. I have visited the 'Norman Lockyear Observatory' in the past, before these astro-fair thingy's were conceived. 

Broadley speaking I enjoyed the show today. Pity the weather was so miserable. I attended a couple of excellent talks. In Defence of the Night, Dark Skies Around the World by Steve Owens and Interstellar Objects in our Solar System by Prof. Alan Fitzsimmons. I recommend both these two expert speakers very highly. The exhibition part was interesting, but maybe a little underwhelming. I had some nice chats with exhibitors though. 

I'd go again if I lived locally but I'm not sure the two hour drive each way from north Cornwall would make it worth my while in future.