SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cassiopeia vs the fishy Moon.

After constant rain, the sky looked dark and clear by ten. I got a useful half an hour in. Then mega moon appeared , like something hovering over Castle Dracula, bleaching out a lovely sky.
Returning to Cassiopeia I had a lovely time with some of the multiple groups there, including the close Σ3037 and the wider SHJ 355. The views showed lots of colour , maybe from the air being so washed. I was hoping for 
ΟΣ 511 , a fine triple and the double third component of Σ70. 
Ψ Cass.(Psi) was absolutely dripping colour, before ending up with far flung iota. The excitement had hardly started  !

Just before midnight there was a knock on our window, I went around the front to find a really drunken chap holding his carry out in a plastic bag " do you believe in prognostic anarchy ? Could I borrow a rollup ?" Being slightly deaf , I thought he said "rollmop" and replied that " it was far too late to get fish "and "go on his way". It was pretty surreal,
Here's to beer skies ! Old Nick.IMG_5088.thumb.JPG.300b0cd340de47a60b0ff6e3d35c39dd.JPG

Just looked up Σ70 and SHJ355 got the coordinates now. Been lovely here today had kit out took some more solar pictures hoping it stays clear leaving kit out just in case. See what the Tal can split and see if I can see any colour.

Nice one Nick, I managed a huge session last night and spent most of the time between the Moon and Cassiopeia and switching scopes. I too was amazed just how much the Moon washed the sky out last night ? 

Archived