SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello,

Bought and received my Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro mount yesterday along with a Skywatcher 12v 17ah power supply. This is my first goto mount (had a non computerised EQ5 previously). We've updated the firmware, balanced the scope and tried playing around with the slewing on the hand controller. The mount will only slew in certain directions and not in others dependant on the starting orientation of the telescope. Declination seems to be the biggest culprit. Also is it supposed to sound so loud when it slews/doesn't slew? Any advice would be appreciated, we are out of ideas about how to get it to work or what we could try. Thank you!

Simona

Your'e so right. When my NEQ6 starts to slew it sounds like all the bearings are going to drop out. Once on the move it makes a whining noise like a dentists drill. Having said that,It's a great mount and most acurate when set up properly.You'll love it   ..............Dave

All sound drowned out by the noise of a rotating dome when moving from one object to another 200 degrees away especially in the quiet still of 2 a.m. Can set off neighborhood dogs barking a sound they are not used to and don't hear very often in our climate....Dave

Archived