Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_nb_dso.jpg.eb6cd158659331fd13e71470af6da381.jpg

Fozzie

Wanted - EQ5 tripod bolt

Fozzie    1,102

Hi, Im looking for a EP tray/spreader bolt.... i'm sure you know the one..

Any of you pier mounted astro folk out their got a spare one lying around, it'll be to a good home!

thanks

Fozzie

F15Rules    1,564

Hi Fozzie,

I actually need one of these as well (just put up an ad on the other site :D), so do let me know if you get more than one offered, I'll do the same for you!

Dave

• Like 1

AdeKing    117

I'm afraid that I don't have one to spare, but if you're desperate an M10 threaded rod with a couple of large repair washers and M10 wing nuts will do a satisfactory job.

• Like 2

davyludo    97

Quite sure if you wait a few weeks there will be a few kicking about after people butcher their AZ4/EQ5 tripods in order to attach the new AZ5 head.... :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Davesellars    813

I have one that came with an AZ4 head I bought recently - As I'm going to use the bolt that came with my EQ-5 I don't think I really need it unless I splashed out for a second tripod (which I can't afford).  No idea of price really - would £15 inc postage be OK?

• Like 2

Fozzie    1,102

Thanks gents, Dave i'll keep a look out..

If im honest the M10 thread might be a better option.. the vixen half pillar needs a 110mm bolt from the tripod hub to the base of the pillar.. im not even sure the EQ5 bolt would do it.. Strange is the vixen half pillar I've got!

I might just try the M10 threaded rod and nut.. can get one FOC from our stores at work

2 minutes ago, Davesellars said:

I have one that came with an AZ4 head I bought recently - As I'm going to use the bolt that came with my EQ-5 I don't think I really need it unless I splashed out for a second tripod (which I can't afford).  No idea of price really - would £15 inc postage be OK?

Hi Dave,

I'll try the Bolt from my EQ5 on the vixen hub tonight and comeback to you as im questioning if it'll fit now in my mind.. 

Im not sure on price either, but as a 110mm M10 bolt is around £1 new that was a bit more than I was hoping really..

I'll have a go tonight and come back to you unless @F15Rules wants to jump in before me at this stage?

thanks

Fozzie

F15Rules    1,564

Hi Dave, Fozzie,

I actually need the whole spreader/eyepiece holder/long bolt assembly. It's like the one in the picture below, the white metal assembly with long bolt in the centre.. Dave, is that what you are offering? If so, and if Fozzie doesn't mind, I'll take it at £15 please?

Many thanks :icon_biggrin:

Dave

CG4 spreader.jpg

Davesellars    813

Hi Dave,

I don't have the eyepiece holder/spreader - just the long bolt assembly.  Sorry for any confusion!

Cheers,

Dave.

Fozzie    1,102

Ok had a look at this bolt vixen pier issue..

Does your bolt, Dave, look like this.. please?

20170811_180858.thumb.jpg.7870e88e5bcb7418927d50ce0b8de560.jpg

Ta

Fozzie 

F15Rules    1,564
On 10/08/2017 at 17:40, Davesellars said:

Hi Dave,

I don't have the eyepiece holder/spreader - just the long bolt assembly.  Sorry for any confusion!

Cheers,

Dave.

No problem Dave, I know you were just trying to help:headbang:

Fozzie    1,102

Yes i will take the bolt.. sorry f15dave

PM incoming... in the morning!

Thanks 

Fozzie 

F15Rules    1,564

No worries. I've been offered a tray now, but still need the long bolt if anyone has one?

Thanks!

Dave

• Like 1

F15Rules    1,564

It's just the same as the one Fozzie just bought above😊

Thanks!

Dave