SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello to all from Cliffm

cliffm

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mods will respond far better than I but, basically, choose 'browse' at top left, then 'forums'. And then dig in, sir.

Welcome. Enjoy the forum - a pool of knowledge and anecdotes which reflects a wealth of experience that would be difficult to replicate. 

In short, have fun.

Welcome to the SGL.
Floater has covered the basics.
As you progress,  providing 'content' either by starting a thread or just replying to threads in one of the many forums, then more of the web site becomes available/visible to your eyes, there is more?  but  there is a certain amount of input and time required before that happens. 
The information is all there, just gotta search for it! however, if you have a burning question, don't be afraid to ask.

Hello CliffM and welcome.  Personally I find the "Unread Content" button (top right) the most useful way to keep up with the latest posts across the whole site. Dive into and explore the individual forums by all means, but frankly I find there are just to many to keep up with. :) 

20 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

Hello CliffM and welcome.  Personally I find the "Unread Content" button (top right) the most useful way to keep up with the latest posts across the whole site. Dive into and explore the individual forums by all means, but frankly I find there are just to many to keep up with. :) 

Now there you are, Cliff. A perfect example. The lovely thing about SGL is that we all do it our own way - because I find Ouroborus's preference gives me too 'many to keep up with'. I choose forums to follow and receive notifications when new content is posted.

So have a snoop around; check out the corners and under the drop-down menus. And for anything specific, just ask.

Brown Dwarf

Thanks, so much and I will be reading all and commenting.  Sometimes it has been difficult to find the place to reply.

I must leave soon to travel to an astronomy outing.  more tomorrow.  thanks..  Cliff m

13 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Greetings, Cliff, from Vermont - it's nice of you to join us!

Enjoy -

Dave

Thanks for sending me a note.  Best to you and yours.

Cliffm

Hi Cliff,

the search box has been the most useful part of this forum for me.  It provides links to wealth of information and if you don't find what you need or understand anything just post a thread - the responses usually give you a solution within days.

John

Archived