sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

The Veil Nebula is a diffuse nebula located in the northern constellation Cygnus, the Swan.
Also known as Witch’s Broom Nebula, Bridal Veil Nebula, Cirrus Nebula, or Filamentary Nebula, it constitutes the visible parts of the Cygnus Loop, a supernova remnant in Cygnus. It is located at an approximate distance of 1,470 light years from Earth.
In this wide shot you can see the three main parts: the Eastern Veil, the Western Veil, and Fleming’s Triangle (Pickering’s Triangle).

Full resolution: http://www.celestialpixels.com/Nebulae/i-zcwHVLh/A

veil-wide-X2.jpg

Telescope: Telescope: TAK FSQ85
Camera: QSI 683
Filters: RGB + Ha + O3
Total Exposure: 12h

• Like 8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By micovn
      This is a lens that does not need an introduction, it's simply a fantastic budget lens! I've been using it for astrophotography with great results and satisfaction (see pictures). Just selling it becuase I'm upgrading to the 135mm version. Any questions please ask. Asking £160 which includes P&P to UK mainland.

• By JemC
      I have recently acquired a Vixen Polarie with the intension of doing some wide field imaging, 
      I will be using my modified Canon 600D with it, Currently the only lens i have are a standard kit Canon 18-55mm and a old carl Zeiss Jenna 50mm , so i am looking at purchasing alternative lens to use,
      The ones i am looking at for now are the following,
      Canon EF 135mm f/2 L USM
       Canon EF 200mm f/2.8 L II USM
       Samyang 135mm f2 ED UMC
       Samyang 14mm Ultra Wide-Angle f/2.8 IF ED UMC 
       Sigma 150mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM Macro
       Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX
      So my question is, has anyone used any of these ( other than the Samyang 135mm f2 ) for wide field and if so how did you find them, would you recommend any of them?
      from the ones listed (other than the Samyang 135mm f2 ) would you say there are better ones to look at or any other i should consider?
      Regards
      James
    • By Quetzalcoatl72
      After a very sturdy tripod and 'head/mount?' for general photography at the current moment but to also use for a Sky guider when I get one in the future
      My questions are;
      Which tripod do I need to handle a small scope and or camera with a big lens attached to sky guider, Tripod budget less than £100 Which sky guider should I go for to image the milkyway and nebula? probably 6-8 lbs payload? Budget less than, £400 Do sky guiders come with their own mount? I heard something about a ball head, mount budget less than £50 Is there anything else I may need with what I have mentioned, power, adaptors, filters etc. Much appreciated, I am new here so I hope this is ok to ask. I currently own a NEQ6 with two small telescopes which I have problems with that I will discus in another topic, so I know how to image that way, but I fancy something small and less stressful in the meantime.
    • By JemC
      Hi all,
      As i am soon to be the proud owner of a Vixen Polarie star tracker i am looking for some advice from the experts here on SGL with regards to widefield imaging with the Vixen Polarie.
      I will initially be using it with a modified Canon 600D so am looking for advice on which lens would be best suited to use with it, I have already been pointed in the direction of the Samyang 135mm which by all accounts is a pretty good contender, so aside from that particular lens what other/s would you recommend that are Canon fitting,
      Thanks in advance 🙂
    • By AstroRuz
      Today I finally edited some data I've had for a while. It's a widefield shot (50mm prime lens) that was used on a modified Canon 600D. The end result is about 50 x 3 minute exposures, ISO 800 f/3.5. It was also shot with an IDAS D2 light pollution suppression filter riding atop an iOptron SkyGuider Pro. The Eastern skies when I shot this are full of street lights so there were some nasty gradients.
      I also realised that the camera lens pulls itself in when the camera is switched off, which meant that even though I'd taped the focus ring down, my focus had changed and I couldn't use flat frames anymore, resulting in the horrible dust motes. Ah well, show must go on! Speaking of flat frames, I have a video on them on my YouTube channel and a post on my website.

I hope you enjoy the photo. It was actually quite difficult to process in a way that doesn't destroy any details in Andromeda. Also, because it wasn't dithered there's a lot of walking noise in the image that also ruined definition.
      Just... appreciate it from afar, and don't zoom in! 😂

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.