Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p_winners.thumb.jpg.b3d48fd93cbd17bff31f578b27cc6f0d.jpg

As this is not a review I thought I would ask here.

Has anyone used microglobe in the UK for bits.

They look legit and seem to have a shop in central London. Poor wifi is stopping me from looking on google street view.

They seem to have bits and pieces at good prices and it seems I was lead to seller via an ebay question. This in itself is not an issue as I know the fees can be crippling.

Just be interested to see if anyone has any feedback.

cheers

Spill.

Yes I've used them for one or two bits in the past, specifically a 100mm Baader M68 extension tube. Good prices too. I don't recall any problems arising.

Ian

Edited by The Admiral

I've used them as well. Seem to be fine.

I have used them with no issues when they had what i needed. Often things are out of stock though and I have never had an email reply to a query/stock request. Efficient for things in stock.

Its the prices that attracted me to this site. I bought some Nikon binoculars, they were much cheaper, but they came without a Nikon warranty card ?

They were also uncomfortable,  the only binocular that has never 'fit my face, I sold them on, the buyer more than happy!

A short time later, I examined the same specification binocular from a  Nikon supplier in London, these were better quality internally?

You should be able to return item if not satisfied.

Edited by Charic

Thanks for all the replies. They have the baader coma corrector's at a good price and I really am due one.

Find out how long it will take them to get the item from their supplier if they don't have it in stock.  Their website doesn't work with Paypal or credit cards from the US.  You have to call them to place your order.  Overall, though, honest folks.

They sell grey market stuff so the manufacturers warranty might not be applicable. They have been around for years, I purchased a Nikon lens from them several years ago, product was as described, no problems with them.

I bought my 2" Baader BBHS diagonal from there (saving quite a lot actually). No problem at all. I also contacted them by email and the reply was swift. 

Edited by Piero

Got a  34mm prism and associated bits to make it 2" from them a week ago, said it would be 72 hours and it was, i too got a quick reply to an email concerning the delivery address, all good for me

Edited by omo

Place my order on Tuesday night for a baader mk111 order conformation on Wednesday and have just received and email from Royal Mail to say it being delivered today. 

So all looking good.