Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents.thumb.jpg.587637e0d01baf4b6d21b73610610bbb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
old codger

Help please. Celestron Next Remote

I have acquired a second hand Celestron Advanced GT mount and am trying to use the Celestron Next Remote to control it. When all coupled up the Next Remote image on the laptop (Windows XP)  speaks audibly to me and asks me to 'Select Settings and Press OK'. Whichever settings I select it comes up with ' Cannot Connect To Telescope'. What am I doing wrong or have not done please anyone?

Keith Moore

Hi Keith

First of all, if you've been searching online for help, you might need to input the correct spelling - it's NexRemote, not Next Remote - too many t's.

If you're using a USB to Serial then is it correctly installed - check in Windows Device Manager.

After that it's settings, check this out:

http://www.astrophotography-tonight.com/nexremote-telescope-control-cgem/

Michael

Thanks Michael. Despite spelling errors ( always my problem!) I had installed NexRemote on to my Laptop and it talks to me and tells me to' select the settings and press OK', but then cannot connect to the telescope, so I must have done something wrong or missed out an operation.

I will keep trying.

Keith

Hi Keith

Still sounds like NexRemote is running on your laptop, and is talking to you, but isn't talking to your mount - did you check in Device Manager that the USB to Serial is present and working?

Michael

Michael, at the risk of driving you mad- I have looked at the Device Manager on my windows XP but cannot see any reference that indicates the USB to serial. Sorry to be such a pain !

Keith