Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep25_banner.thumb.jpg.9e57eee22cad68fd6b67a87befeaa79b.jpg

Bigwings

Setup for Skwatcher AZ GTi mount with SkySafari 5

Some confusion on settings and have just managerd to get it running.

In SkySafari go to

Settings and scroll down.

In Telescopes select SETUP

In Equipment section select Scope Type and change to Skywatcher SynScan.

still in Equipment select Mount Type and change to Alt-Az GoTo

In COMMUNICATION SETTINGS..... select Connect via WiFi       then change IP Address to 127.0.0.1..... change PORT Number to 11882. (DONT USE THE IP AND  PORT GIVEN ON THE LAST PAGE OF THE MOUNT BOOKLET)

Back out of Setup to SkySafari main screen.

HIT CONNECT and your driving by SKySafari.:icon_biggrin:

Note is a collaborative effort. The native app is running first but allows collaboration with SkySafari.......

Well SAFARI So GOOD.... Hope this helps.

Clear Skies

Edited by Bigwings
typo
  • Like 1

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. Bit annoying But I'm happy to use  synscan for the time being.

Are you connecting to SynScan first and leaving it running?

Yes. I get the error message that sky safari can connect to the wifi but that the scope is not responding. Apparently it's relatively common with synscan and sometime means a firmware update should be done.

Edited by GavStar

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Victor Boesen
      Hi! I purchased a Raspberry pi 4 4gb not so long ago with the intention of running a NAS and some other stuff on it. I have since then considered the possibility of using it to control the alt/az position of a mount like the Skywatcher AZ GTi with a python script running on the raspberry pi. I haven't purchased the mount yet since I'd like to hear if it would be possible.
      A little more information on my main objective:
      Weather satellites and radio has recently caught my attention and I'm therefor considering to mount a directional antenna on the skywatcher AZ GTi mount which then tracks a chosen satellite across the sky. The raspberry pi would be running a program that would send the alt/az coordinates to the mount. I have thought about sending the alt/az coordinates through a TCP socket but I'm not sure how I would connect (and if it's possible) the mount to the raspberry pi or the opposite way.
      Here's a video of the current software I'm working on:
      I've seen people control mounts like the Celestron nexstar ones but it would be ideal to make the small and light weight AZ GTi perform the same job. If you have any experience with the AZ GTi mount and raspberry pi I would highly appreciate your advice:)
      Thank you in advance!
      Victor
    • By shirva
      Can confirm my second project with the lattepanda has been a success. 😁 Chuffed to bits, 
      Flashed my az gti to the az/eq firmware 
      Installed,, CdC, Ascom, eqmod onto my Windows 10 laptop. Plugged az gti eq mod cable from FLO into laptop and azgti, configured to cdc and eqmod,,  azgti now controlled via  cdc.. 
      Disconnected the laptop,, plugged the lattepanda in its place,, had to reconfigure comm port,, working via lattepanda now,, 
      Last bit of the project,, install tight vnc on laptop,, put in panda ip address,, 
      Laptop,, lattepanda are connected to my smartphone hot-spot. 
      I now have wireless remote desktop control of the panda,,  eq gti / eq panda is born,, 😁
    • By Miguel1983
      Hi,
      since i started work on my observatory there hasn't been much time for AP, but since lunar photography is done in minutes i had a go yesterday.
      Gear:
      SW AZGTI with the Skymax127 and Sony A6300 and Baader Neodymium Moon & skyglow filter.
      100 frames taken and 50% used to stack in autostackerd.

• By Bigwings
      I need my garage back so am selling my excess mounts.
      1. EQ5 motorised on both axis.
      No tripod this was mounted ony pier. Tracks well. 
      £100 Collect only because of weight .
      2. An older type Skywatcher AZ goto mount that came with my SkyMax 127. Good condition .
      £100 Collect please but might be able to send if you arrange courier.
      SOLDto Pitbull ...thanks
      3. AZ GTi  goto in excellent condition . Still have the box so can send at cost.
      The pic shows it with a telescope on it which is not included.
      £200
      Location just north of Newark on A1
      Clear Skies.
      Thanks for looking
      All Sold.
      mods VB please move

• By alanjgreen
      I received the new ADM saddle for my AZ GTi this morning (direct from ADM). I have now fitted it to my AZ GTi mount and my Borg 107FL is now a million times more secure than it was before - its a great upgrade!
      Here are the parts received from ADM... The new saddle is longer and chunkier than the feeble standard offering.

Here is the AZ GTi mount before I start the upgrade..

Remove the centre circular cover which is stuck on with a sticky pad underneath. I used a small flat head screwdriver to lift the edge of the tin cover then pulled it off with some pliers (there are the remains of the sticky pad underneath to be cleaned off afterwards)....

Remove the 4 black screws and then the standard saddle pulls off...

Re-use the four screws to secure the ADM adapter plate to the mount...

Use the supplied 2x 1/4×20 SHCS screws to secure the ADM dual dovetail saddle to the ADM adapter plate... (You will need an imperial Allen key)

Test it out with the Borg 107FL...

The leftover standard parts...

This looks a great upgrade, my scope's ADM dovetail fits very securely into the ADM dual saddle and my peace of mind is restored!
      Alan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.