Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Accessories for Heritage 130p

Hello and greetings from a fellow human,

Short answer, yes and yes, both would be fine.

I have not owned the 130 but did have a 150 Newtonian.

The collimation fitting may be a bit heavy in the plastic helical focuser, but will do the job well.

The helical focuser is metal and sits in a plastic carrier but the plastic used on the heritage 130p of pretty strong. 

Warm hat, red light torch, I just use a collimation cap with mine. Personally I would not buy a barlow at this time but instead buy an eyepiece say 16 mm range. This size is great on DSO. To help find objects you could look at say 30-32 mm.

Thank you all for your insights! I have - 15mm Gold Line, Ultra Wide 66° already, 32 mm is great idea for finder eyepiece.

On the subject of moon filter, should i get ND96 0.6 or 0.9? I'm worried that 0.9 would be too much for my scope.

I don't use a moon filter with my 300mm / 12" dob so I don't think one is mandatory on smaller aperture scopes.

If you like to use one then thats no problem of course. I've got one somewhere but never feel the need to use it.

Make sure you have some high Power options Within Your eyepiece Collection.

If you live at ~45N the planets will stay reasonably high in the sky the next few years, well forever really....

The Heritage can take Powers 180-220x for Saturn, Moon, Mars at the 2018 opposition (which is nearly impossible to observe from 59N) and occasionally Jupiter.

Rune

20 hours ago, vilimovsky said:

On the subject of moon filter, should i get ND96 0.6 or 0.9? I'm worried that 0.9 would be too much for my scope.

I was observing the moon with my Heritage the other day, and I played with a number of filters, including coloured filters, a moon filter and a UHC filter. I observed a few very faint details with and without the filters to see what worked and what didn't. Conclusion: I could see more detail without the filters! So I will be observing without filters from now on, as I always have done.

3 hours ago, Pondus said:

Make sure you have some high Power options Within Your eyepiece Collection.

If you live at ~45N the planets will stay reasonably high in the sky the next few years, well forever really....

The Heritage can take Powers 180-220x for Saturn, Moon, Mars at the 2018 opposition (which is nearly impossible to observe from 59N) and occasionally Jupiter.

Rune

I live almost dead on 45 parallel :)

Currently i have  9mm Ultra Wide CELESTRON 66° which i plan to use with a barlow so i would get around 160x, i was thinking about 3mm eyepiece for those good seeing moments to push the scope to ~220...

20 minutes ago, vilimovsky said:

I live almost dead on 45 parallel :)

Currently i have  9mm Ultra Wide CELESTRON 66° which i plan to use with a barlow so i would get around 160x, i was thinking about 3mm eyepiece for those good seeing moments to push the scope to ~220...

9mm barlowed sounds fine. Try that first. Maybe youll find 220x Power too shaky for the Heritage, even if the seeing allows it?

If you buy the barlow mentioned you will have lots of combinations With longer focal length eyepieces than a 3mm....

PS:  Krk island looks like an extraordinary beautiful Place :).

Rune

3 hours ago, vilimovsky said:

Nice! Where did you obtain Alt scale?

The first thing I did was to mark the dovetail clamp, using Tippex (other white correction fluids should also work), and coated with clear varnish; and then set the base & OTA horizontal with a spirit level. I made a pencil mark on the mount. I then moved the clamp to get the OTA vertical, and made a second pencil mark (the side with the hand hold is a nice quadrant). Using a flexible tape measure, I measured the scale length between the 2 pencil lines.

I measured the length of the scale on my Skywatcher Skymax 127 mount, using the flexible tape measure; created a similar scale using MS Paint; printed it on A4 paper & reprinted, adjusting printer scaling to get the correct length for the 130P mount; cut out the scale; used double-sided sticky film to stick to mount (most glues should work), positioned with the index mark at zero; and used a thin layer of varnish to protect the paper and seal the edges.

The image, below, should copy and paste into MS Paint, but you may have to adjust the printer scaling to get the correct length.

598ad5d5b871f_0to90degreescale.thumb.jpg.ca824e5f8a437d14f15d35323b411fa5.jpg

Geoff

Archived