Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

The one and only object photographed during my recent holiday to Poland in Zakopane.
Still testing my new QHY168 Color camera and trying to learn MaximDL...
Scope: Skywatcher EVOSTAR 80ED DS-Pro
Mount: HEQ5Pro
Camera: QHY168C
Filter Optolong L-PRO MAX Luminosity
Guiding camera: ZWO ASI120MM
Guiding scope: Panagor 400mm
27x300s exposure at -10°C (135min total)
binning 1x1
8xdarks
5xbias

Andromeda SD mask 2 sml.jpg

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Beautiful m31. Background sky is looking a tad purple on my screen but looks to be easily sorted. 

I've tried to remove it but I think I'm too tired to see the right colors.. :D

Andromeda SD mask 2 sml.jpg

• Like 5

Huum, the first one is another example of an image that looks green / purple on my home PC but when I view it at work looks fine. Either way the second on is the better. Really nice natural looking image :)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lead_weight
      My M31. Shot over 3 nights. Only 11 total hours. LRGB only with Astrodon filters, ZWO ASI1600MM-C camera, and the WO Redcat.

• By Rza
      As title. Not the best to look at cosmetically but in good working order.
      Mount has upgraded latitude bolts.
      Will throw in the following:
      Sky-Watcher power supply
      HiteCastro DC focus controller
      EQDIR cable to control mount from laptop
      Long UK plug mains power cable
      USB hub
      Lovely Lords Cricket bag
      £375 ONO
      Based in Kent near Maidstone.
      Collection only.
      Cheers

• By JackCooke
      A quick sketch from the 1st September (sorry - date is wrong on the image). 
      M15 was still fairly low in the east but the central condensation of stars really stood out, even in a 5.5inch scope. The bright field star intruding on the edge of the image was distracting. If I had a tracking mount I'd have banished it permanently!
      A lot of the extended GC was on the threshold of vision and the resolved stars faded in and out. 
      M15 will always have a special place for me as it was the first GC i ever saw 😍 
      Thanks for looking. 
      Jack

• By Greg_1920
      Hello, this is my first attempt on NGC 7635 with my skywatcher 250pds on an NEQ6 synscan mount. These are 7min subs stacked to a total exposure of 5 hours taken with my unmodified canon 700d and a skytech cls filter. No coma corrector was used as I haven't gotten one yet. I'm just wondering how I could make my images look clearer when zoomed in and improve them overall as I can see the image gets more blurry when I zoom in onto the bubble, should I use a higher magnification? Do I need to take more darks to get rid of the redness around the image ? Or perhaps I stretched the image too much in Photoshop? I used 10 darks, 60 bias and 60 flat frames. 
      Update: I have now further processed my image with greater care and got a much better result. 
      Thanks 
      Greg

• By Joaquim Q
      Hi, i..m on Stargazers Lounge for long time ago, but now i have a new scope at last!!! The scope is a Skywatcher classic200p dobsonian, and i received it just one month ago. I.m really happy with it. For now, i.m using the stock eyepieces that come with the scope, a 25mm and 10mm super plossl 52. Yesterday i was received a Celestron Omni barlow, and that expands my magnification range. I posted some pics with my set. 
      Congratulations to Stargazers lounge team, this is one of the best sites to learn about astronomy and equipment. 
      Besf regards to everybody 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.