Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Terrestrial magnetic reversal - a concern?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 04/08/2017 at 10:33, Stub Mandrel said:

It would be ironic if it turned out the conspiracy theorists with colanders and silver foil hats on tehir heads turned out to be the onl;y ones whop survive...

I've started preparing, just in case!

DSC_0182.JPG

On 04/08/2017 at 10:33, Stub Mandrel said:

conspiracy theorists with colanders and silver foil hats

On 06/08/2017 at 15:17, Mognet said:

I've started preparing, just in case!

Nice one but :-

Failure, I see no silver foil !

Mind-u, rekn that'd scare off any unsuspecting interstellar Attenborough looking for a study in exo-anthropology

not to mention giving fright to any lurking  Vogons :D

I'd be surprised if it is a step change rather a more gradual drifting to and fro before settling. Can't see any reason for anything catastrophic to happen, maybe I'm missing something.

Jim

It is proposed in some quarters that as well as wandering hither and thither for a while, it may also decrease to something very little = no magnetosphere for a while, and/or go quadrupole ( even multi-pole) with complex implications for the magnetosphere.

Yes quite gradual on our time scale  but seems past flips have been rel. quick in geological scales.

Archived