Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_rgb.jpg.9467c4d39b22ba8239e1b5ad252fcee2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
han59

PlateSolve2 frontend program

han59    45
Posted (edited)

PlateSolve2 is a good plate solver  but can’t write the plate solution to the FITS header using standard keywords. To achieve this I made a simple FITS file viewer HNS_FV which can call the PlateSolve2 program and writes the found plate solution to the FITS file header using standard keywords.

Working of the program:

• Load the FITS file in the viewer
  • Press the “Solve” button
  • Is the solution found press “Save” button.

In principle it should be possible to rename the program as Platesolve2 and call it instead of PlateSolve2. The solution will then be written automatically to the FITS file header. This option is not fully tested.

The plate solution is read from the APM file produced by PlateSolve2.

There is a big variation in FITS file keywords. If this very first test version (v0.0.0b1) doesn’t work, please send my the FITS file for testing. Will work on a version which can load PNG and JPG files.

Han

Download:
http://www.hnsky.org/hns_fv.htm

hns_fv.thumb.png.70c786dcf74ed6c8a961972551cd61e1.png

hns_fv.png

Edited by han59
  • Like 1

han59    45

The HNS_FV, FITS viewer program is significantly further developed. The program accepts besides all FITS types also PNG and JPG files and can provide them to Platesolve2 as FITs for plate solving. Only the approximate coordinates and dimensions needs to be provided

The viewer has a swipe function and accept color FITS.  Feedback is welcome.

Han

hns_fv.thumb.jpg.c5401935c264bf86cd9d18c837674d42.jpg

hns_fv2.thumb.jpg.008de56cc160e612c88b747830e6703c.jpg

• Like 1