SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Really simple, but really special session 30-07-17

johnfosteruk

I had planned all week to get out for the Lunar X last night then GRS if the clouds stayed off. And then a friend passed away on Friday, most horrible. 

We have another friend who's also a friend of the friend who passed staying with us for a little while and he'd popped out in the afternoon. I decided to go out at 9pm and he turned up just after I'd setup. 

As we'd been talking about him having a session with me to see what it's all about for some time he was most pleased to join me for an hour. 

We took in the X & V, fascinated with the explanation and then all the First Quarter delights, pushed the Appenines up to 250x and the seeing was good for it, lots of wows, then South through Ptolemaeus, Alphonsus, Arzachel and on through Werner. Took some frames for an image as well "It's that simple", "yes that's right mate, simple".

Then it was on to Jove, low in the SW but still stunning. at 125x, salmon pink GRS nothing more than a smudge the moons putting on a fine dance around the giant planet.

Lots of talk, memories and onto a few doubles once it was dark.

Special, very content but 46 is no age is it. The heavens really do provide solace as well as intellectual nourishment and beauty.

Clear skies

Archived