Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

sloz1664

Automating a 2.1 metre Pulsar Dome. Phase One - Dome Rotation

Price point unknown at present! I'm hoping to replace my mount shortly. That's more urgent.

The main problem is my lack of technical knowledge. I'd probably need to buy something, I thought Pulsar only made their drives for the newer dome.

I need to win the lottery then I can get an all in one solution for the new house I'd move to in a part of the country that has more clear skies! Or the South of France.

On 13/02/2019 at 17:34, Nightwatchman said:

Thanks Steve, I'll take some photos when assembled in March. Is your T10 belt 16mm wide and the sprocket 40 tooth?

Yes  T10 belt 16mm wide and the sprocket 40 tooth. I purchased a second hand 12v car wiper motor with a mounting configuration that suited my Dome. But I had to add a motor controller to reduce the motor speed. You need to slow the motor down, so that the Dome completes a full rotation in around 90 seconds.

Steve