Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Pete Presland

1st images for nearly 2 weeks!

Not managed any sessions really since the large group disappeared. A few decent gaps today in the morning.

A hasty and pretty patchy 12 pane mosaic and a close up as well and that was about all.

The usual set up Lunt50mm/DMK21au618, stacked in A/S2 and merged in Autostitch.

597e443c84960_2017_07_3011.4012panemosaic.thumb.png.a654f1a01acd981d2b7925c67f26b9f3.png597e4448582a3_2017_07_3012_00.png.5a5730e5484806d21716ebfa46597a66.png

• Like 11

Fantastic, especially given the haste! Good on you for using the opportunity :icon_salut:

• Like 1

Nice work Pete. Good to be getting out and keeping at it. 

• Like 1

Good catch Pete. It was tricky out there today, think it's my first image since the 10th or something like that :eek:

• Like 1

The area in the close up was superb visually today 

• Like 1

Good stuff Pete, only managed a bit of visual here, maybe tomorrow if you believe the forecast :)

Dave

• Like 1

great shots Pete, yer the weather been a right pain mate, cloudy here thismorrning but theres a few gaps, some nice proms on show. thanks, charl.

• Like 1

Nice image to come back to Pete.  March and April were quite thin for me, no imaging for around 5 weeks at a time.  A nasty cold and poor night time seeing forced me back to solar, glad it did there has been some good views.  I can't say the same for night time though, my summer off at the moment and if I can shake this cough off I will start mid to late August.

Robin

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Very nice shots, Pete. I am missing my H-alpha kit here in the USA, luckily SGL gets me supplied with the views

Good luck with the eclipse, weather permitting I am going to catch a little bit of it as it sets here in the UK.