Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing Hood

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Dave

You log into paypal having copied the e-mail address listed in the payment e-mail.
You pay for business and services.
Need to work out the sterling to euros to ensure Roman gets his correct payment.

It's all sorted, Roman sent me a PayPal invoice much easier :)

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Richard Hather said:

I'm so happy they all arrived and your impressed with them I love mine I never take it off ?

Neither will Darth Dad as I have been referred to already!

All I can say is oh my goodness me, someone has given me my sky back, just had a good look using my binos and wow!

Saw things blotted by the peripheral light, it's like a head worn observatory.

5 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Neither will Darth Dad as I have been referred to already!

All I can say is oh my goodness me, someone has given me my sky back, just had a good look using my binos and wow!

Saw things blotted by the peripheral light, it's like a head worn observatory.

I know you honestly think it can't make that much difference but boy it does ?

I agree with the comments. I set up my Heritage 130P and using the observing hood it removed all stray light. I really must try the hood with my 15x70 Apollo Bins - when I screw in filters into the eye lens I need to use my hands to shield reflections. The hood should solve this problem so I will experiment on the NAN and the Veil.

So this appears to be a good buy - nicely made with quality material (my wife's comment so must be true). Clearly with the darker nights I am looking forward to using the hood on the 12" Dob to seek out fainter DSOs.

Just gave the observing hood a first run out. Worked great. Much better than the eyepatch/towel combination. I found I needed to pull the hood together under my chin to block out all light and get maximum benefit. Could possibly tuck it into my jacket rather than holding it. Good purchase. Thanks again to Richard for the review/recommendation :) 

• 1 month later...
On 30 July 2017 at 12:12, Richard Hather said:

You put the hood around your neck and even with my glasses around the same area it's not a problem.

Heres the site I bought it from-

http://r-sky.org/en/products/observing-hood

They were really good excellent customer service they make them in Russia and it was with me in the U.K. Within a week ?

Ordered one. I presume they request payment later?

23 hours ago, Richard Hather said:

Love this hood, as important to me as my dew shield or red light ?

I’m sure you will be pleased with it enjoy ?

Have to agree with Richards post, it enables me to observe even with local annoying insecurity lighting.

A bit warm when used for Solar, but then they do make a Solar version, something for my Santa list.

I've completely missed this thread, up to now :rolleyes2:

I can see that I will have to get one ordered as well. It might tip the balance and deliver a fleeting glimpse of the Horsehead Nebula at long last :smiley:

Archived