sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

Purchased this hood from R-Sky a few weeks ago because I felt my hoodie wasn't sufficient for the job and at £29 I thought it was money well spent.

How right I was, the hood easily blocks out all light and allows me to observe with both eyes open the quality of the material is excellent very well made.

It has 3 buttons for different sizes and also keeps you warm as a added bonus.

You can also purchase the solar hood which would be also high quality.

In conclusion if your tired of neighbours lights or reflections of your scope or just want to observe with both eyes open then you can do a lot worse.

Clear skies ?✨???

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

• Like 11
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Purchased this hood from R-Sky a few weeks ago because I felt my hoodie wasn't sufficient for the job and at £29 I thought it was money well spent. How right I was, the hood easily blocks out all

Mine arrived this morning. Looks great. My wife says it really suits me and brings out my eyes...

Mine arrived today, after a completely hassle-free ordering experience. I'm old and silly. And it's getting worse by the day. But perhaps some of you are also of an age that you remember a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Littleguy80 said:

I'm currently using the towel and eyepatch method ;) Have thought about buying a proper observing hood though. Does it get in the way if you stop to look up or change eyepieces etc?

You put the hood around your neck and even with my glasses around the same area it's not a problem.

Heres the site I bought it from-

http://r-sky.org/en/products/observing-hood

They were really good excellent customer service they make them in Russia and it was with me in the U.K. Within a week ?

• Like 1

Richard, great its worked for you.
Even better you have posted a review.

So buying and postage from Russia was not a problem for you?

27 Euros or £24 is indeed good value in my book, so much so I have ordered one straight away.

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Alan White said:

Richard, great its worked for you.
Even better you have posted a review.

So buying and postage from Russia was not a problem for you?

27 Euros or £24 is indeed good value in my book, so much so I have ordered one straight away.

No I didn't have a problem with delivery the item was impossible to track but even so it came within a week ?

In glad you've ordered one you won't be disappointed I'm sure ?

• Like 1

After seeing this I,m going to have a root around for my old snorkel coat,does anyone one remember these?Not only were they very warm and kept you dry but the hood protruded 2 inches in front of your nose not so good for crossing the road but might be great at the ep.

• Like 1

I've used a black observing hood for years, for night time use and solar and wouldn't be without it.  To be more accurate, mine is an observing 'rectangle'.  It does tend to slip off me though even though it's fairly large, as one side is quite shinny and seems to slip out of position quite easily.  This looks like a far more secure option.  I'll have to give is some thought as pennies are short at the moment.

Richard, can you tell me if they accept  credit card payments?  I'm thinking of how a customer might get a refund if the item didn't arrive safely otherwise.  Thanks.

• Like 1
Just now, paulastro said:

I've used a black observing hood for years, for night time use and solar and wouldn't be without it.  To be more accurate, mine is an observing 'rectangle'.  It does tend to slip off me though even though it's fairly large, as one side is quite shinny and seems to slip out of position quite easily.  This looks like a far more secure option.  I'll have to give is some thought as pennies are short at the moment.

Richard, can you tell me if they accept  credit card payments?  I'm thinking of how a customer might get a refund if the item didn't arrive safely otherwise.  Thanks.

I ordered one this afternoon - Received an email showing my order, then about an hour later I received another email with paypal details on it. I'm happy with this...... With Paypal it's secure enough for a punt :) 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, swag72 said:

I ordered one this afternoon - Received an email showing my order, then about an hour later I received another email with paypal details on it. I'm happy with this...... With Paypal it's secure enough for a punt :) 

Many thanks Sara - I use PayPal and was wandering if I'd be able to use it.  Thanks again.

27 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

......Perhaps Roman might wonder why the sudden increase of orders from the UK :icon_biggrin:

Roman asked for a link to the thread where I told him I'd heard about the hood :)

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Richard Hather said:

Yeah I used PayPal to no issues at all and arrived well packaged in about a week ?

Ordered one but can't see how the payment works, received two emails one mentioning PPal wallet with an email address but no payment details.

Dave 

He will be pleased with all the orders no doubt there, it is a great product and a good price ?

I was asked to do a review when I first used the hood but I wanted to get a couple of sessions under my belt with it first ?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Ordered one but can't see how the payment works, received two emails one mentioning PPal wallet with an email address but no payment details.

Dave 

Dave

You log into paypal having copied the e-mail address listed in the payment e-mail.
You pay for business and services.
Need to work out the sterling to euros to ensure Roman gets his correct payment.

• Like 1