Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar.thumb.jpg.ef4882eb5fb3610f8a68e5e6913de0e3.jpg

Richard Hather    746

Purchased this hood from R-Sky a few weeks ago because I felt my hoodie wasn't sufficient for the job and at £29 I thought it was money well spent.

How right I was, the hood easily blocks out all light and allows me to observe with both eyes open the quality of the material is excellent very well made.

It has 3 buttons for different sizes and also keeps you warm as a added bonus.

You can also purchase the solar hood which would be also high quality.

In conclusion if your tired of neighbours lights or reflections of your scope or just want to observe with both eyes open then you can do a lot worse.

Clear skies 🌌✨💫🔭🎨

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

• Like 10

Littleguy80    1,041

I'm currently using the towel and eyepatch method ;) Have thought about buying a proper observing hood though. Does it get in the way if you stop to look up or change eyepieces etc?

• Like 1

Richard Hather    746
1 minute ago, Littleguy80 said:

I'm currently using the towel and eyepatch method ;) Have thought about buying a proper observing hood though. Does it get in the way if you stop to look up or change eyepieces etc?

You put the hood around your neck and even with my glasses around the same area it's not a problem.

Heres the site I bought it from-

http://r-sky.org/en/products/observing-hood

They were really good excellent customer service they make them in Russia and it was with me in the U.K. Within a week 👍

• Like 1

Alan White    1,169
Posted (edited)

Richard, great its worked for you.
Even better you have posted a review.

So buying and postage from Russia was not a problem for you?

27 Euros or £24 is indeed good value in my book, so much so I have ordered one straight away.

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 1

Richard Hather    746
1 hour ago, Alan White said:

Richard, great its worked for you.
Even better you have posted a review.

So buying and postage from Russia was not a problem for you?

27 Euros or £24 is indeed good value in my book, so much so I have ordered one straight away.

No I didn't have a problem with delivery the item was impossible to track but even so it came within a week 😊

In glad you've ordered one you won't be disappointed I'm sure 👍

• Like 1

triton1    608

When I get upset about somthing and end up with a "monk on" now has a new meaning😁

• Like 1

mikeDnight    3,677

Probably the best accessory any visual observer could possess.

• Like 3

Mark at Beaufort    2,627

Although I have a purpose made black out cloth made by BC@F this looks a better set up. I think I might treat myself. Thanks for the link Richard.

• Like 1

Richard Hather    746

It really is a brilliant accessory as important as a red light or a dew shield.

Makes observing a lot easier which is what it's about, I did think about making my own but again it was a lot easier purchasing one 😂

swag72    5,475

Excellent - Solar one ordered for my Mum :)  A nice surprise for her when it arrives.

• Like 1

triton1    608

After seeing this I,m going to have a root around for my old snorkel coat,does anyone one remember these?Not only were they very warm and kept you dry but the hood protruded 2 inches in front of your nose not so good for crossing the road but might be great at the ep.

• Like 1

paulastro    3,097

I've used a black observing hood for years, for night time use and solar and wouldn't be without it.  To be more accurate, mine is an observing 'rectangle'.  It does tend to slip off me though even though it's fairly large, as one side is quite shinny and seems to slip out of position quite easily.  This looks like a far more secure option.  I'll have to give is some thought as pennies are short at the moment.

Richard, can you tell me if they accept  credit card payments?  I'm thinking of how a customer might get a refund if the item didn't arrive safely otherwise.  Thanks.

• Like 1

swag72    5,475
Just now, paulastro said:

I've used a black observing hood for years, for night time use and solar and wouldn't be without it.  To be more accurate, mine is an observing 'rectangle'.  It does tend to slip off me though even though it's fairly large, as one side is quite shinny and seems to slip out of position quite easily.  This looks like a far more secure option.  I'll have to give is some thought as pennies are short at the moment.

Richard, can you tell me if they accept  credit card payments?  I'm thinking of how a customer might get a refund if the item didn't arrive safely otherwise.  Thanks.

I ordered one this afternoon - Received an email showing my order, then about an hour later I received another email with paypal details on it. I'm happy with this...... With Paypal it's secure enough for a punt :) 

• Like 3

paulastro    3,097
1 minute ago, swag72 said:

I ordered one this afternoon - Received an email showing my order, then about an hour later I received another email with paypal details on it. I'm happy with this...... With Paypal it's secure enough for a punt :) 

Many thanks Sara - I use PayPal and was wandering if I'd be able to use it.  Thanks again.

Alan White    1,169

Yep, paypal payment on my one as well.
Roman the seller is quite helpful as well, just e-mail him.

• Like 1

Richard Hather    746
Just now, Alan White said:

Yep, paypal payment on my one as well.
Roman the seller is quite helpful as well, just e-mail him.

Yeah Roman he's a good lad any questions I had he answered them swiftly 👍

• Like 1

paulastro    3,097

Mmmm, I'm struggling to find an excuse  not to buy one :smile:. (apart from not having the money of course! :icon_biggrin:)

• Like 1

Mark at Beaufort    2,627

Yes I ordered one as well. All very straightforward with Paypal. Perhaps Roman might wonder why the sudden increase of orders from the UK :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

swag72    5,475
27 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

......Perhaps Roman might wonder why the sudden increase of orders from the UK :icon_biggrin:

Roman asked for a link to the thread where I told him I'd heard about the hood :)

• Like 1

Littleguy80    1,041

Just placed an order and referenced SGL. Richard may end up with a "Recommend a Friend" discount on his next order with Roman :)

• Like 1

Davey-T    9,468
12 hours ago, Richard Hather said:

Yeah I used PayPal to no issues at all and arrived well packaged in about a week 😊

Ordered one but can't see how the payment works, received two emails one mentioning PPal wallet with an email address but no payment details.

Dave 

laudropb    5,810

Thanks for the excellent review Richard. I have just ordered one. You definitely should be on commission lol

• Like 1

Richard Hather    746

He will be pleased with all the orders no doubt there, it is a great product and a good price 😊

I was asked to do a review when I first used the hood but I wanted to get a couple of sessions under my belt with it first 😊

• Like 1

Alan White    1,169
5 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Ordered one but can't see how the payment works, received two emails one mentioning PPal wallet with an email address but no payment details.

Dave 

Dave

You log into paypal having copied the e-mail address listed in the payment e-mail.
You pay for business and services.
Need to work out the sterling to euros to ensure Roman gets his correct payment.

• Like 1