Narrowband

Llandwyn milkyway

That is a great improvement, gradients don't look so bad, should come out with a bit of tweeking in PS. I'm planning something similar for the Autumn. Looking Southwest from my neighbour's garden gives a great view, but the foreground won't be in this league

Huw

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2017 at 09:47, Daniel-K said:

got a better stitch on the 180 pano, just need a way to sort the gradient out.

That is coming along really well, the light pollution is a real problem. I have had a quick peak at your image and would make a couple of suggestions.

• Horizon - this is all over the place, it is relatively easy to sort with the Warp Tool in Photoshop. 
  • Levels - with a bit of pulling you should be able to get a lot more detail out of the foreground.
  • Noise/blocking - the high ISO has blocked the colours a bit, but you can still bring out a bit more detail. You could also apply a graduated filter over the foreground to add some light. Noise, running a simple de-noise would help - try Nik Define is a free noise reduction progarmme
  • Sharpening - a bit of sharpening on the Milky Way would really help pull out some more of the details - try Nik Viveza

Give me a shout if you want more detail, but doing the above would give you something like this - it was a very quick set of tweaks, but hopefully it gives you an idea about what you could get from the image

Google Nik Collection is currently a free set of plug-ins and can be found here - https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

v2.thumb.gif.505131a852defb0e819ccc8abc50a61f.gif

Archived