stargazine_ep38_banner.thumb.jpg.6fe20536a22b28c17b2ee1818650993c.jpg

Losmandy G11, c/w Ovision worm upgrade, Gemini L4 GOTO, tripod, 3 x stainless steel counterweights, PSU & Peli case. Open to reasonable offers.

Losmandy G11, c/w Ovision worm upgrade, Gemini L4 GOTO, tripod, 3 x stainless steel counterweights, PSU & Peli case. Open to reasonable offers.

Losmandy G11 mount
Ovision precision worm gear (NS0700408)
Gemini Level 4 controller software
3 x 9Kg Stainless steel counterweights (made by Brian at Astroparts)
Polar scope with illuminated reticule
Upgraded Altair Astro saddle (both Losmandy/Vixen dovetails)
12V regulated power supply
1 long and 1 very long serial cable, with optional USB/serial converter, for PC control
Losmandy HD-Tripod
2 x 12" tripod extension
Pelican 1650 case (with wheels, extension handle and pick & pluck foam)
Printed colour manual
Imperial Allen keys

The head is in very good condition. Franck, at Ovision, replaced the worm gear under warranty in Dec. 2011. Ovision's worm gear measurement results are available.

The mount has been used exclusively for imaging up to Feb. 2014, since when it has been stored in a clean, dry environment.

The mount is kept in a peli case, with pick & pluck foam insert. I have included the 12V regulated power supply, which I bought for the mount.

This is a very good setup whether you're a visual observer or an imager.

Also included: Altair 8" Steel powder coated pier-head, the tripod extension bolts directly to it and it's got adjustable levelling.

Cash on collection or bank transfer preferred

Delivery options:
Collection preferred, mount is located in Kent.
Will consider delivering mount in person, depending on destination.
Happy to provide details if you want to arrange your own courier, for collection.

Offers around £2000

IMG_3596.jpg

IMG_3598 (570 x 380).jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pincs
      Hi I've got an 8" dobsonian and I just got a dslr to connect to it. Obviously there's no tracking so what kind of things can I capture. Will I be able to do dso and planets?
      Thanks
    • By DeepSkyMan
      Guys

just wondering what options are available for me to upgrade the standard SXW Vixen clamp to enable it to accept Losmandy style dovetails.  I recently acquired a CGE dovetail that I would like to use with my 8” Edge.

Kind Regards
      Paul

• By MarsG76
      The Witch Head Nebula, aka IC2118 & NGC1909 in the constellation Orion, near the star Rigel.
      This object is very large in the sky, being 3°×1°, so I had to use my smallest telescope to deliver the wide angle and low power needed to image all of the "Witches" profile.
      This is a very difficult object to image using a DSLR, and a dark sky is needed to capture it in it's full glory. I thought that I'd give it a go with my DSLR, and see what I end up with... I'm happy that the end result in my image shows the shape of the "Witch Head" but I think that the overall image will not be winning any awards.
      This image has been exposed through a 80mm refractor @ 500mm FL, using my cooled and full spectrum modded DSLR for a total exposure time of 12 hours and 34 minutes, in a semi-rural, Bortle 5 (maybe 4) sky.
    • By MarsG76
      I managed to bag another object, this time the reflection Nebula M78 in the constellation Orion.
      I was planning to capture natural color subs than add some HAlpha and OIII narrowband data to emphesize the image details and reveal deeper matter, but after processing the OSC/RGB subs, I decided that adding the narrowband data is not necessary.
      This image was taken across two nights (juggling clouds), 6th and 11th February, and I managed to capture 3 hours and 18 minutes worth of useful subs (21x60 sec, 19x120 sec, 18x180 and 17 x 300 second subs).
      The telescope used was a 80mm refractor, at 500mm FL using my full spectrum modded and cooled 40D DSLR.
    • By Pincs
      Hi, I just got a canon eos 600d to take pictures with my skywatcher 200p scope. I am using prime focus with it which seems to work fine despite the problems people face with getting it to focus. I plan to get some great shots of the moon, planets and orion nebula but I was wondering if theres a way I can get shots of dimmer objects in the sky. At the moment i am finding this hard as I am limited to a 1.5 second shutter speed in order to prevent star trails, I am putting the ISO up high to get the most light but I was wondering if there were better ways to go about getting the best pictures without a tracking mount. Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.