Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar.thumb.jpg.ef4882eb5fb3610f8a68e5e6913de0e3.jpg

astroavani

insight-astronomy-photographer-year

astroavani    4,061

There is no other explanation, I believe the gods of astrophotography really sympathized with me. Being among the 20 selected in my category (planets and comets) where there were 3,800 registered photographers from 91 countries can be considered a triumph for Brazilian astrophotography. I just have to thank everyone who supported me, helped and guided me in the development of this hobby. I also thank my family for so many hours that I stop being with them to be closed on the observatory wandering between the moon and the planets.
Links to view the news: http://gizmodo.uol.com.br/melhores-fotos-astronomia-do-ano/#15
Http://www.rmg.co.uk/royal-observatory/insight-astronomy-photographer-year
Below the notification I received:
Hi Avani,
As you may have seen, we have released a press release about the IAPY 2017 shortlist. Your image The Brief Rotation of Mount Olympus is one of the photographs we have chosen to help promote the exhibition worldwide. I hope you will be happy to share some of these stories. Congratulations once again on such a fantastic shortlisted image!
Alysia Calderwood
IAPY Project Manager
Royal Museums Greenwich
National Maritime Museum | Cutty Sark
Royal Observatory | The Queen's House

4.png

• Like 25

Star101    149

WOW That is worth a mention.

Congratulations on both this and your Saturn image in S@N.

Well done :)

• Like 1

Dave In Vermont    4,639

You must be feeling very honored for the recognition we all here knew you truly deserved. We weren't just being nice when we buried you in our compliments! :D

As I've said before - and I believe is worth repeating - you're soon to be a big, hard-bound Coffee-Table book!

Go get 'em, Tiger!

Dave

• Like 2

swag72    5,350

Nicely done!!! It must be a great feeling :) God luck in the final selection :)

• Like 1

astroavani    4,061

Your words very moved me Dave!
I am a true fan of lunar and planetary photography, in the midst of so many (more than 500 in Astrobin) some certainly should serve for something, LOL.

• Like 2

kev    411

Good news. You deserve it.  

Keep it up.  

• Like 1

tooth_dr    597

Fantastic images and well deserved accolade. Congratulations Avani. 

• Like 1

knobby    2,473

Very proud of you Avani, great images always and now getting deserved recognition !

• Like 1

RayD    1,221

Very well done indeed Sir. Nothing short of what you deserve for all your hard work and clear talent for your chosen hobby.

• Like 1

Ruud    1,317

Phenomenal views ! Extraordinary!

• Like 1

MarsG76    1,444

Dude, that is freeking unbelievable... your images are better than damian peach... in result and the fact that you're not resorting to using a 1m Schmitt Cassagrain which in the AA domain is cheating.

• Like 1

astroavani    4,061

Thanks colleagues!

Damian does a great job, I am however a simple apprentice friend MarsG76.
Anyone who can get a chance to use a 1-meter Cassegrain should not despise it, LOL.

• Like 1

MarsG76    1,444
5 hours ago, astroavani said:

Thanks colleagues!

Damian does a great job, I am however a simple apprentice friend MarsG76.
Anyone who can get a chance to use a 1-meter Cassegrain should not despise it, LOL.

Yeah true, but you cant be using a Nissan GTR35 in a race with Mitsubishi EVO's and Subaru WRXs and say "HA, I'm faster"... so Peach no longer belongs in the AA category when he has access to professional kit in a observatory. 

• Like 1