Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

insight-astronomy-photographer-year

astroavani

There is no other explanation, I believe the gods of astrophotography really sympathized with me. Being among the 20 selected in my category (planets and comets) where there were 3,800 registered photographers from 91 countries can be considered a triumph for Brazilian astrophotography. I just have to thank everyone who supported me, helped and guided me in the development of this hobby. I also thank my family for so many hours that I stop being with them to be closed on the observatory wandering between the moon and the planets.
Links to view the news: http://gizmodo.uol.com.br/melhores-fotos-astronomia-do-ano/#15
Http://www.rmg.co.uk/royal-observatory/insight-astronomy-photographer-year
Below the notification I received:
Hi Avani,
As you may have seen, we have released a press release about the IAPY 2017 shortlist. Your image The Brief Rotation of Mount Olympus is one of the photographs we have chosen to help promote the exhibition worldwide. I hope you will be happy to share some of these stories. Congratulations once again on such a fantastic shortlisted image!
Alysia Calderwood
IAPY Project Manager
Royal Museums Greenwich
National Maritime Museum | Cutty Sark
Royal Observatory | The Queen's House

4.png

You must be feeling very honored for the recognition we all here knew you truly deserved. We weren't just being nice when we buried you in our compliments! :D

As I've said before - and I believe is worth repeating - you're soon to be a big, hard-bound Coffee-Table book!

Go get 'em, Tiger!

Dave

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, astroavani said:

Thanks colleagues!

Damian does a great job, I am however a simple apprentice friend MarsG76.
Anyone who can get a chance to use a 1-meter Cassegrain should not despise it, LOL.

Yeah true, but you cant be using a Nissan GTR35 in a race with Mitsubishi EVO's and Subaru WRXs and say "HA, I'm faster"... so Peach no longer belongs in the AA category when he has access to professional kit in a observatory. 

Archived