Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW Sky-Watcher AZ-GTi Wi-Fi Alt-Azimuth mount

On 13/10/2018 at 19:52, heliumstar said:

Anyone got the 102 Mak package? Can you please check if your scope has collimation screws at the back? Mine doesn't and it is out of collimation. Any ideas how to collimate it?

Hi

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I ask because I’ve just bought a second hand one and would be very interested to know. 

Cheers

3 minutes ago, EssexMigrant said:

Hi

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I ask because I’ve just bought a second hand one and would be very interested to know. 

Cheers

Unfortunately there are no collimation screws at the back. FLO arranged to send it back and I did. I received a new unit which was 100% collimated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello as anyone got this mount working successful on eq mod  was trying one and when i connect using Mount Options  auto detect i get the message Overflow 

if i change  to  custom then AZEQ5 it connects  so my question is as any one got the right settings for the AZ-GTI mount

the manual says Gear ratio 6480 resolution 2073600 counts /rev

thanks in advance

On 17/12/2018 at 21:36, heliumstar said:

Unfortunately there are no collimation screws at the back. FLO arranged to send it back and I did. I received a new unit which was 100% collimated.

The Mak and SCTs for that matter use spherical mirrors so it makes little difference to where they are pointing, any collimation has to be done at the front end...

Alan

6 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

The Mak and SCTs for that matter use spherical mirrors so it makes little difference to where they are pointing, any collimation has to be done at the front end...

Alan

Ahem...not quite true. My 127 mak has collimation screws at the back...

Yes, although the rear mirror is spherical, it matters which way it is pointing, i.e. if the center of that sphere is in line with the secondary mirror. For that reason all Maks that I know of have collimation screws at the back if they can be collimated at all. Some collimate at the front too.

Edited by Ags

I'm wondering would I be able to use this https://www.powertraveller.com/en/shop/portable-chargers/professional/mini-g/ to power the AZ-GTI instead of a big power tank, it has DC out option and includes all different tips. As I'm in Ireland Amazon is ruled out on other DC type packs as they cant be shipped and I have found a local supplier for the mini g, I would rather something like this instead of a tank as when I'm not using the mount the bank would be in my work bag as a charger on site as well.

Thanks festoon, I was looking at a tracer but I think it would be overkill just for the az-gti, I've seen people saying cheaper DC power banks work fine so I think I will end up with the mini g as I don't know when I'll be next in the UK to be able to pick one up off Amazon and bring it back with me.

On 15/04/2019 at 21:52, Velvet said:

Hello as anyone got this mount working successful on eq mod  was trying one and when i connect using Mount Options  auto detect i get the message Overflow 

if i change  to  custom then AZEQ5 it connects  so my question is as any one got the right settings for the AZ-GTI mount

the manual says Gear ratio 6480 resolution 2073600 counts /rev

thanks in advance

A mate of mine from Melbourne has helped one of his pals who has an AZGTi to get connected to EQMOD.

As you mention the Custom option needs to be used. You are correct about both gear ratio and motor encoder resolution. In addition, as there is no PPEC function on this mount the mount controller returns zero for the microsteps per RA/Az worm rev, causing a divide by zero error. Apparently it is possible to manually override this in EQMOD. Our own AZGTi is still laid up and awaiting a spare part so I cant confirm what to do exactly.

Give it a lash and let us know you get on!

Tony Owens

• 5 months later...
On 15/05/2018 at 15:42, FLO said:

We've been experimenting today...

There is an experimental firmware for the AZ-GTI mount which enables it to operate in EQ mode:

http://skywatcher.com/download/software/motor-control-firmware/

We couldn't resist testing to see if EQMOD would then work - you need to connect to the mount from the APP to put it in EQ mode first, but then it does indeed work with EQMOD. 

The EQDIR cables we currently sell don't fit the AZ-GTI so we are going to get a batch made that will - would anybody be interested?

It may be that the functionality of EQMOD can be replicated over the wireless interface using the Sky-Watcher drivers but for those of us who prefer a wired connection and like using EQMOD, this may be a good option.

Old post I know ... do you know if the custom setting in EQ mod still needs to be used or is that old school ?

Just bought the cable from @FLO top speedy service as usual 🙂

Edit ...

Found info

http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/prerequisites.html

Edited by knobby
Added info