Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APM 100mm 90deg Binoculars.

So I decided to start observing again after a couple of years out of the loop, my weapon of choice a pair of APM ED 100mm 90deg Binoculars with a Bino cam mount. It took me a long while to undo the original tripod mount screws, a ball head allen key did the job in the end. After fitting the Bino cam mount I then dug out an old but good heavy duty Manfotto tripod and was ready to go. I must say I was a bit dubious about the cam mount doing the job but no worries it works perfectly.

The binoculars came in a well padded box unfortunately the cam mount hangs down under the bins quite a bit so ill have to put my thinking cap on as to storage.

First light, I opened the front door and saw Jupiter just above the roof across the road so manoeuvred bins and tripod into position thats when my heart sank. You see i had owned and returned giant binoculars before as they suffered from the two separate images syndrome and guess what these were the same grrrrrrr. The images were bright and clear but still two Jupiter's. The other issue  was magnification, the package came with two UFL 18mm 65deg FMC eyepieces, in my opinion  superb bits of kit BUT could barely make Jupiter's moons let alone any detail, can anybody recommend some higher powered eyepieces  please.

Overall first impressions, once a couple of issues are sorted I am going to like these binoculars  a lot, they are not too heavy and the whole assembly looks well balanced .

BINO-CAMOUNT_1_450w.jpg

Side View WEB.jpg

Nice to see you back Bob.  So what's the issue with double images, is it because the lenses are in crooked or something?  I used a friends bins on holiday recently and had the same problem.

Carole 

I'm surprised that so many high end binoculars and binoscopes manufacturers do not provide an easy to use collimation facility, it's not difficult and would increase customer confidence in buying them.      :icon_biggrin:

Archived