Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

5 sisters observatory

iapa

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the leaves on the trees in the garden and the background landscape, and weed growth between your paving, I'm guessing the work before this post was done earlier in the year before the trees came fully into leaf?

4 minutes ago, Astrokev said:

From the leaves on the trees in the garden and the background landscape, and weed growth between your paving, I'm guessing the work before this post was done earlier in the year before the trees came fully into leaf?

You not supposed to notice that.....

there was a change in plan of the overall layout of patio/grass/growing areas which required approval by estates director, and finance controller as well as SWMBO.

Lol. No worries!  I can relate to that. My obsy had loads of false starts, but I think this time I'm going to see it through to the end. Just not sure how long that might take! I'm aiming to finish before the winter season but things are going slower than I anticipated so far. The wet weather of late doesn't help. I thought it was summer?

On 05/08/2017 at 23:49, Astrokev said:

Lol. No worries!  I can relate to that. My obsy had loads of false starts, but I think this time I'm going to see it through to the end. Just not sure how long that might take! I'm aiming to finish before the winter season but things are going slower than I anticipated so far. The wet weather of late doesn't help. I thought it was summer?

It has taken me 3 months to build mine and its only 1.7m x 1.7m....but that is really only working at the weekends. 

Need to post a few more steps, but, the MOUNT IS NOW ON THE PIER!!!!!!!!!!

shame as totally clear all last night, but, hope for tomorrow

Might be able to do preliminary PA tonight

Funny that should mention it

The pier seems to be level enough - decent 3 star alignment will deal with that.

concrete not perfect, template was not high enough so lower nuts holding bolts the template are embedded in the concrete (see last pic here)- I’ll sort that later on.

next set will show attaching the mount

6C2C272C-8C38-4897-9CAD-3D9450562EC3.jpeg

CFA4396F-2065-4BAA-8335-74E5AC8AA1CD.jpeg

AE411162-BF2B-4238-937C-ED399F1FC0F9.jpeg

306226F9-EC44-4876-B97F-E9D1304CBD21.jpeg

C5B8C06B-4CD4-4EE6-8103-E231317C3412.jpeg

F11CCB10-EE89-4401-BD2B-FB03C63CF11B.jpeg

6584EF2C-BD1A-48C6-8012-87D27B2BF2D8.jpeg

Archived