SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Colourful nibbles.

cotterless45

Battle of the forecasts, scopenights app says clear all night, clearoutside ; computer says no. Quite dark and pleased to see the sinking crescent moon. All set up and a trail of the Milky Way with the ISS brightly running down Cygnus. A few other bright ones later , in all directions.

Some favourites in Cygnus, kicking off with a return to the fast "Piazzi's flying double ", 61 Cygni. A cheery pair , just perfect. Then some real colour , very much worth finding, omicron 1 Cygni (30 Cygni) with 30 Cygnus. A wonderful orange and turquoise combination in a lovely star field.This is a complex (triple ) visual group with many designations
Some really great colour in Σ2666 in Cygnus (SAO 49438).

Down to a fabulous view of Theta Saggitae, probably the nicest view of a triple group in this arrow. Mains being yellow and blue. The star is a subgiant about two billion years old.
Just getting cracking and the clouds massed and blew in so fast it made the stars appear to move backwards. Between the clouds it looked very clear and dark. 

Checked out a few of the old timers including NGC 7789 ( " Caroline's Rose") looking spectacular , double cluster and a great view of M31. Worth getting out there ,
Old Nick. IMG_5065.thumb.JPG.a1da79a211c415e1667057b897f38b01.JPG

Nice report and sketches Nick. I'm slightly envious! A new eyepiece arrived 10am Tuesday, so Tuesday night was guaranteed to be cloudy. Last night there was thunder and lightening along with a biblical deluge. Perhaps I should send it back!

2017-07-27 09.00.20.png

Nice write up Nick

The sky quality seems to be quite good at present. I noticed a few planes go over without con trails. 

I am thinking about unwrapping the scope for it's first outing of the silly season :wink:

Great write up and a few objects I will definitely be looking at when I can get out, Have persuade the wife stay up help with kit. Not much chance last night anyway as mikeDnight said lightening and torrential downpours.

Archived