Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEW William Optics Zenithstar-61 APO

2 minutes ago, CSS said:

A7iii is full frame and the flattener supports full frame

Ok,in that case it's either got to be spacing or an optical problem. I can't think of any other reason. You might need to play with the spacing and see what effect it has on the corner stars?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Ok,in that case it's either got to be spacing or an optical problem. I can't think of any other reason. You might need to play with the spacing and see what effect it has on the corner stars?

No problem, thankyou.

is that the spacing between the flattener and the T ring??

Just now, CSS said:

No problem, thankyou.

Yes, I think it would be the distance between the flattener optics and the sensor that would make the difference, I think changing the distance in front of the flattener would just change the focus. 

2 minutes ago, CSS said:

No problem, thankyou.

I note that the flattener is adjustable too - should I try extending this??

7 minutes ago, SamAndrew said:

If you can post a pic that has been taken through the scope that will give us a better idea how bad the issue is.

Here’s a pic of a quick grab in between clouds

48226658-F0E8-4AD3-BFDC-4EB43BC24FCC.jpeg

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

Definitely looks like spacing add a bit to move the sensor away from the flattener.

Dave

Brilliant.

as this is an adjustable flattener it looks like the adjuster will move the glass in the Flattener away from the sensor if I adjust it out - this is what you mean I assume!?

how far would you suggest?

thankyou all so much for your help

signed:- frustrated newbie

13 minutes ago, CSS said:

Flattener away from the sensor if I adjust it out - this is what you mean I assume!?

how far would you suggest?

Yes, just trial and error really, move it a bit at a time, if you go too far the stars should change from radiating from the centre to radiating around the centre.

Dave

Just now, Davey-T said:

Yes, just trial and error really, move it a bit at a time, if you go too far the stars should change from radiating from the centre to radiating around the centre.

Dave

Thanks Dave

your a real star. Thankyou SO much!!

Got a lot to learn but that’s half the fun!! There’s my job tomorrow night sorted!!

Hope it’s clear for an hour or so.

Thanks Again

Craig

Archived